When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bentley and ferrari without having the car?

frankpower88

i think that breitling for bentley and pam ferrari are incridibly beautifull. also i love their sizes but i would not be capable to wear them without having a ferrari or bentley car. so i probably never will. i would be afraid of people thinking i got the car when they see my watch. these 2 brands are so known for their cars, that the watch would reffer to them. i hope you understand my point, and give me your impressions on these watches. do you wear them with pride or you just own them because they are beatifull.

I can't stand those watches, those cars, and I simply find it ridicolous to think that you can't have a watch without having the car too.

I am debating this right now. I like the styling on the Ferrari but the whole "my parents went to Florida and all I got was a t-shirt" does bother me. And in the case of Ferrari and Bentley where I live you should see some of the people wearing other paraphernalia with those brand names written on it. ;) Just not my style. Of course, that the reps are so supposed to be that good is just killing me. :lol:

I am debating this right now. I like the styling on the Ferrari but the whole "my parents went to Florida and all I got was a t-shirt" does bother me. And in the case of Ferrari and Bentley where I live you should see some of the people wearing other paraphernalia with those brand names written on it. ;) Just not my style. Of course, that the reps are so supposed to be that good is just killing me. :lol:

not a fan of the bentley, but i really love the yellow dial ferrari in the non-chrono.

and i feel exactly the same way, i drive a saab fer chrissake :rolleyes:

Let me ask you a question,......any of you have a Breitling.......are you a fighter pilot......any of you have a Yachtmaster........you got a yacht in the marina......any of you have a Panerai......you an Italian navy diver.....any of you own a Speedmaster.......been to the moon yet....?

Don't be so bloody ridiculous.....aynone who correlates the watch to the actual car they drive is obviously insecure in themselves.......dya think every Nascar fan who wears a jacket emblazoned wth his heroes logos and numbers ...should be a Nascar driver to qualify for wearing the jacket....!

Here's a little scenarion for you......!

I was wearing the new Ferrari watch in the local Foodland where I live.....they have a restaurant and I had sat down for lunch.......after a short while the guy sitting next to me....who was English....I noticed he kept looking at the watch.....evetually he asked me.....'what kind of watch is that'..?

I replied it was a Ferrari......he asked the usual question....'dya own a Ferrari"......I replied ...'no'.....he asked why I was wearing a Ferrari watch.....so I told him......"my buddy owns a Ferrari.....and got an invitation for two to a champagne and strawberries night at the local dealer for the launch of a new model".....so we went along and registered at the reception desk.....they took my details....asked about my earnings...( to which I lied ).....and later in the evening...they put my invitation stub into a draw.....and I won the watch.....( which I told him is usually given away with the purchase of a Ferrari.....).............his reply to me was..."you lucky bar steward".....to which I replied.....'no....not lucky at all.....if I'd been lucky I would have won the car"........he then went on to ask how much the watch was worth.....I told him about $5000.....and he replied once again...."you jammy bar steward...I wouldn't mind winning a watch worth $5000.."

The whole scenario I painted was BS.......but it sated his curiosity..... it's called ...thinking on your feet.....some can...some can't......!

It's not about the watch....it's about you.......if you place your worth in the watch you wear on your wrist......you've very little worth at all......!

Edited by TTK

ttk, i dont know who is the most insecure in himself, the won who doesnt want to have a bentley or ferrari watch or the one who lies to people about his watch...

i agree that if you are a big f1 fan and loves the ferrari company, you could have the watch. but normally, a person who has a bmw will buy some bmw stuff to show others that he owns a bmw even when he is not in is car. so when people see him, they think he has a bmw. and they are right most of the time.

so i dont think i changed my mind on that point. at least not yet. but i agree that you should wear what you like. but there are so many nice watches, that i will choose the ones that dont have those trade marks.

also, no i am not an italian diver and i did not step on the moon and i am not a pilot, but panerai, omega and breitling are watch companies.... so i dont get that point. Every body knows ferrari and they know its a car trade mark. few people know that a omega speedmaster is the moon watch. and even if they know, its still a watch brand.

i am a construction worker and i drive a ford explorer, i dont think that ford make a watch for construction workers... :black_eye:

i think that breitling for bentley and pam ferrari are incridibly beautifull. also i love their sizes but i would not be capable to wear them without having a ferrari or bentley car. so i probably never will. i would be afraid of people thinking i got the car when they see my watch. these 2 brands are so known for their cars, that the watch would reffer to them. i hope you understand my point, and give me your impressions on these watches. do you wear them with pride or you just own them because they are beatifull.

Hmm, I have a Hot Wheels Ferrari on my book shelf in the den, so I get a free pass.

I would consider the Ferrari different from the Bentley watches.

The dial on the Ferrari is clearly marked as such and uses very distinctive colors known to the brand.

When looking someone from a foot away would see the Ferrari logo.

This watch screams Ferrari even though made by Pam.

People who see this watch on you will likely ask if you have a Ferrari.

The Bentley on the other hand is more a Breitling that just happens to be made for Bentley.

Without looking at the caseback, there is really nothing that screams Bentley, more so Breitling.

It is very unlikely anyone who sees the dial of this watch asking if you own a Bentley.

Just my .02

Cheers,

M

I agree with TTK. It's all about the watch and the person wearing it, not about the car. I had reservations about it but finally stepped up. I wear it. I like it. I don't give a sh*t what someone might say.....although, I do have some nice wheels.

But, not everyone will agree.....and that's ok too.

ttk, i dont know who is the most insecure in himself, the won who doesnt want to have a bentley or ferrari watch or the one who lies to people about his watch..
You're lying to YOURSELF every time you log on this site.....every time you buy a FAKE.....every time you leave the house....every person you pass or meet......you're lying to them.......get a grip on reality man......if you're so concerned about what others think.....then you're the one with the identity problem....I don't give a flying fukk what others think.....as has been demonstrated many times on this board....I have the presence and charisma to carry any watch I wear.....gen or rep......the people who worry about what others think are those who usually lack charisma.......deal with it.....!

panerai, omega and breitling are watch companies.... so i dont get that point.

Yeah...and Flecce Tricolore appears on the dial of Breitlings......just as AMG appears on the dial of IWC.....same as Porsche Design used to appear on IWC.......!

i am a construction worker and i drive a ford explorer, i dont think that ford make a watch for construction workers...

Well...we're all the Captains of our own ship......you're limiting yourself by describing yourself as a "construction worker"....as tho' it's a fait accompli.......instead of looking at it from the point of view that...."at this time I'm working in the construction industry....and I drive a Ford Explorer"......whereas if you thought outside the parameters of the envelope you've sealed yourself in....next year you could be the owner of a company with a Ferrai and the WATCH......!

On a last note.....I think you'll find that almost every major car manufacturer has at some point ...offered a watch with their name on it.....GM to AM to Audi.....BMW.....available at most dealerships with pens and other accessories......so you're wrong and you're right.......Ford do offer watches....but not just for constructionn workers.....!

Let me ask you a question.......you've been here a while...yes.......BUT YOU"RE STILL NEW HERE....AREN'T YOU...... B)

Edited by TTK

Oh goodness, you got him fired up. I don't drive a ferrari, but I will wear one - soon. Ferrari didnt commision the watch in order to be an accessory for those who drive their cars, rather it was designed(as other car affiliated watches were) to challenge their design team.

Ferrari is more than a car manufacturer and they want to prove that. They want to be a concept, that is why there is a cologne and clothing with their logo. Just as Porsche Design has pens and other things, one need not own the car but simply appreciate their design team to own the product

if you think you need to own a Ferrari to wear a Ferrari watch...take a guess how many Ferrari watch OP will sell.

Ferrari is not about Ferrari's car anymore.....it's an IMAGE of Professional Auto Racing, The most exotic sport car company in the world, 6 times F1 World Championship.....etc. You don't need to own a ferrari or bmw or toyota in order to put their polo shirt or cap on your body. People buy their merchandise is simply because they appreciate the success of that company or being a fans of the sports.

who should buy the ferrari watch?

if you like Ferrari

if you like a good quality watch

if you like auto racing

if you like Panerai

I own the Ferrari Chrono but not the car and I probably never will. May be I can buy a FIAT instead. :whistling:

:lol: Wear whatever you want. It is funny because TTK is right. There is something ridiculous about someone wearing a fake watch worrying about owning a watch but not the car. I am still trying to get over it though. Ferrari is such an outrageous status brand. My $6,000 motorcycle will still leave that $600,000 Enzo in the dust though (except in the hands of Michael Schumacher). :lol:

I'm buying one because I'm a Ferrari FAN. I don't own a ferrari, nor will I ever (too much money in maintenance even if you can buy the damn thing) but I love Ferrari as an automaker. The Ferrari Pam will be my new watch to wear when i go to track my own car too :D

ok, i see most people dont agree with me but thats ok. it is true i am pretty new to the forum and younger than most of you. rep or gen it makes no difference to me in the case of trade marks on my watches. if i had a lot of money and could change all my reps into gens, i would still not buy a ferrari watch unless i have the car.but thats just me. its true that they are going to sell more watches than cars, its a chance no everyone thinks like me. :winkiss:

maybe a replica ferrari car to go with the replica ferrari panny?

there's some guy in Bangladesh makes them from old toyota

chassis and sheet metal....

Haha! Yeah, 'Bangla Bangers', search for it on youtube, he makes some wild looking cars. :)

I ordered two of these watches from Sash, the sole reason being that they look good. I don't give a [censored] what people think about it being fake. Sometimes, when I am in the mood, I cook up stories like TTK's, for fun.

There are people in norway that can afford the Ferrari cars but choose not to buy them because they think it will make them look like a flashy git.. That's sad, really.. And people should stop caring so much about what people think of them.

If you have to relate every replica you buy to something you own, your persona or your image you will either have to be a schizophrenic or be content with a pair of pieces.

So Frankpower88, I think you are giving this too much thought, and please don't look down your nose at people who don't.

Just buy stuff you like.

For the record, I did own a Fiat, and I still drive a Jeep.. ..Enzo Ferrari said something along the lines of:

"There's only one true american sports car.. ..the Jeep." ;)

• 2 months later...

hmmm alright then.. the funny thing is i dont see kimiraikkonen wearing a ferrari scuderia watch.. and he drives a ferrari.. in fact he wears a tag heuer who happens to be "sponsoring" mercedes-benz.. michael didnt wear ferrari scuderia either he wears omega.. wats the big deal with all this i have to drive a ferrari to wear the watch?