When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

212 FlyBack

stenofsweden

The 212 is one of my favourites.

240036-10099.jpg

There are several versions available... all with the same flaw. The longer minute ticks point inward... they should point out. This does not bother me in the least. And I believe that the "10" marker on the elapsed minute chrono should be a sans serif font. The serif can be seen in my photo... but remember that my pic shows the watch about twice life size. In reality, you need a loupe to see this.

If you can live with these flaws - then don't hesitate. It is a wonderful watch.

Mine is the version with AR sapphire crystal, from Joshua. Timekeeping is COSC and the chrono works perfectly, snapping back to zero every time. Overall, the build quality is superb.

But last time I looked, it was no longer listed on Joshua's site. Can he still source it? Ask Jos.

The 212 is one of my favourites.

240612-9973.jpg

There are several versions available... all with the same flaw. The longer minute ticks point inward... they should point out. This does not bother me in the least. And I believe that the "10" marker on the elapsed minute chrono should be a sans serif font. The serif can be seen in my photo... but remember that my pic shows the watch about twice life size. In reality, you need a loupe to see this.

If you can live with these flaws - then don't hesitate. It is a wonderful watch.

Mine is the version with AR sapphire crystal, from Joshua. Timekeeping is COSC and the chrono works perfectly, snapping back to zero every time. Overall, the build quality is superb.

But last time I looked, it was no longer listed on Joshua's site. Can he still source it? Ask Jos.

It is stunning, I think I have to go ahead...

Thank

The "new" 7750 Asia model is now available only from Andrew (as far as I can tell); this is the best looking rep of 212, but still with problems. The subdials actually look better (to me) on the rep, as the gen ones are bit too small; hour numerals are too tick, which also looks better then the ones on the gen, but from the accurracy point of view, yeah it is noticeable...

Main problem cannot be seen from the front -- plastic movement holder? I can't tell from the pics, Clive, do you have the 28k beat Asian, does it have a plastic holder still? If so I would single that out as an issue; the back-cover font should be black (painted) but that is an easy fix, the main issue is it is wrong size of the font and a part is missing ("Automatic") - as the font is too large hence the entire script does not fit. The font on the rotor is also wrong, too large, else the movement looks good. Unfortunately the 212 is not available with the blue screws with ETA movement, but 28k Asia should be fine.

AR can be better though, and of course the buckle is wrong, it should be deployant (easy to fit with minor modification I guess, but I would not care as I hate the carbon-fiber looking strap anyway).

Pushers should be polished, and are bit too long. The Lemania version has correct pushers, though and it also has the minute markers pointing outside correctly, but that is about it for the Lemania version as the rest is pretty bad...