When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new toy bought today

watcher

I've waited so long for my 3717 rep that I could'nt resist this beauty and bought it today. It's not new but has just come back from IWC after a ful overhaul and is like new. Not the biggest watch in the world but beautifully made and the bracelet must be the best fit of any watch and so comfortable to wear! I swapped my Submariner for this and love it to bits. I bit more special than a Rolex I think! Hopefully Eddie's Pilot special will arrive Monday(2nd one after the first went missing in customs!!) and I will take side by side pics to show the size difference.

240130-10076.jpg

240130-10077.jpg

240130-10078.jpg

Was refering to the rep that dealers have. Their dials contain the biggest flaw other than that...all's well. If only some dealer could come out with a 2nd generation Flieger with correct dial, I'm sure it'll score! :D
The flaws are not so glaring imo,.. not compared to any others that are mega sellers,.. so I guess it's the size

that keep this off the radar...

However if it weren't for the 3717 being here and now, a face make-over would not be difficult to order..

It is a small watch by modern standards but I absolutely love it. It is so comfy to wear.

I had the rep of this and the dial flaws now become very clear to me. I no longer have the watch but the rep had:

Glossy dial rather than matte

No white circles on the 12 and 6 dials

Day/date apertures were smaller

Numbers on the subdials were not as bold

Main hands a re thicker on the gen

Rep subdial had concentric cirlces, gen does not.

The crown on my gen has the 'Probus Scafusa script, the rep just had a fish symbol but I've seen gens with that. Mine may have been changed when overhauled.

The pushers are thicker on the Genuine watch.

The bracelet on the rep is like the 3717 design but the Gen has different links and the pins are much more substantial on the gen.

Other than that it is very good! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is a small watch by modern standards but I absolutely love it. It is so comfy to wear.

I had the rep of this and the dial flaws now become very clear to me. I no longer have the watch but the rep had:

Glossy dial rather than matte

No white circles on the 12 and 6 dials

Day/date apertures were smaller

Numbers on the subdials were not as bold

Main hands a re thicker on the gen

Rep subdial had concentric cirlces, gen does not.

The crown on my gen has the 'Probus Scafusa script, the rep just had a fish symbol but I've seen gens with that. Mine may have been changed when overhauled.

The pushers are thicker on the Genuine watch.

The bracelet on the rep is like the 3717 design but the Gen has different links and the pins are much more substantial on the gen.

Other than that it is very good! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you ! I stand corrected,.. there are a more flaws than I had noticed...

Seems that the silver face rep is much more accurate...

If we were to choose between a Mark XV, the black Spitfire chrono or non-crono to re-replicate,

which would garner the most interest...?