When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT : PC vs MBW

triosLescano

Do you have a profile photo of the MBW, specially the side with the crown?

Joshua's has the far superior 2893-2 caliber which is worth it, IMO if you plan on keeping the watch for the long term. The crown is also accurately positioned on the case. The negatives are (1) the dial which isn't the best (CN reps are much better in this regard) and (2) the GMT hand is too short.

Joshua's has the cyclops placed WAY too right on the crystal, short gmt hand and apparently the stock-ETA date font which is inaccurate. This watch is definitely not worth it.

I don't know what model Elprimerozen posted in his comparison but it had correctly placed cyclops/datewheel with correct font.

trios, the reason for the profile photo is that I believe I saw a new MBW using a Sub case. :g: Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me and wanted to make sure. I also noticed an MBW Sub with a Sea-Dweller case back. :thumbdown:

FYI, additional photos of the TW cased 16710 which should be the same as Joshua's, http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...2967&hl=gmt

Trusty's is a CN GMT which is the version most dealers have.

trios, the reason for the profile photo is that I believe I saw a new MBW using a Sub case. :g: Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me and wanted to make sure. I also noticed an MBW Sub with a Sea-Dweller case back. :thumbdown:

FYI, additional photos of the TW cased 16710 which should be the same as Joshua's, http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...2967&hl=gmt

Trusty's is a CN GMT which is the version most dealers have.

Thanks, I have realized a GMT vintage based on WM but WM is off of line and I search a good base for my project GMT modern. I think that I buy Josh GMT

Perfectclones has in stock from Friday 20 April, 2007 this very hig price GMT.

http://www.perfectclones88.com/rlgs10011-m...932-p-2807.html

In your opinion is this new rep preferible and more detailed than classical MBW ?

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/keys...nt=PICT0095.jpg

I have all three versions of the 2893 GMT Josh is selling (and I can almost hear our residents saying, "so who's surprised). It's no secret that I MUCH prefer the 2893 in a GMT or Explorer II.

I previously had two of the TW Best GMT 2893s, but I broke down and let a friend have one. I tried to replace it later, but couldn't. I asked Josh to see if he could get me the watch thru his sources, so when he made the connection, I bought three.

It seems to me that some folks are going to criticize anything Josh does these days, so you might want to search and see what was said of the ones discussed previously - it is the same exact watch.

I'll say this -- as much as I love some of you guys, don't even hold your breath waiting for me to let anybody have another one of these!!!!

Ziggy has the 2893 GMT I had left before buying these, and he's putting a gen crown/tube in it for me. I hope it makes as much difference as it does with the SUBS and SDs.

Anybody happen to have any gen 6mm crown sets?

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
I have all three versions of the 2893 GMT Josh is selling (and I can almost hear our residents saying, "so who's surprised). It's no secret that I MUCH prefer the 2893 in a GMT or Explorer II.

I previously had two of the TW Best GMT 2893s, but I broke down and let a friend have one. I tried to replace it later, but couldn't. I asked Josh to see if he could get me the watch thru his sources, so when he made the connection, I bought three.

It seems to me that some folks are going to criticize anything Josh does these days, so you might want to search and see what was said of the ones discussed previously - it is the same exact watch.

I'll say this -- as much as I love some of you guys, don't even hold your breath waiting for me to let anybody have another one of these!!!!

The Zigmeister has the 2893 GMT I had left before buying these, and he's putting a gen crown/tube in it for me. I hope it makes as much difference as it does with the SUBS and SDs.

Anybody happen to have any gen 6mm crown sets?

Bill

@tjgladeraider - do you think that these TW Best GMT's could take a gen crown/tube as well? Also - the pictures that Josh has up seem to make the red/black bezel color look wrong. Is it just the pictures?