When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 2892/2893 movement holder

ajoesmith

I have a PAM 29 2893 GMT case and the movement, dial, hands etc but the movement holder i have wont fit properly.

The movement holder i have is from the ETA 2836 PAM 29 and its not the same size.

I have a PAM 63 with 2893 and a PAM 27/28 also with 2892 movement. So i have the correct movement holder, all i need is for someone to point me in the right direction to a workshop who can make a movement holder for me. Does anyone know who could make it for me using the one i have as a master?

heres a pic of the movement holder:

240689-9957.jpg

No one??

please help

What doesn't fit? Stem alignment or movement diameter? Or both?

If your case and movement holder are designed for 2836-2, the 2893-2 will not fit as the stem alignment is closer to the dial. You would have to have a spacer between dial and 2893-2, but then you would run into the problem with fitting the hands. You could easily change out the hour, cannon and fourth to longer fitting lengths, but I think the 2893-2 only comes in one length for the GMT hand.

Have you tried fitting the 2893-2, dial, movement and spacer, from your 063 into the 2836-3 case? If it fits, then it shouldn't be a problem. If not, then I don't think it will work. Best of luck.