When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NEW CYCLOPSES!!

archibald

UPDATE: We’re pleased to announce that the countdown clock to high-magnification has begun. Some further details:

LENS SPECIFICATIONS

1)These aftermarket, round lenses will be 6mm in diameter, and magnify the date window between 1.6X and 1.7X or so, depending on your watch's rehaut. One of the factors that determines magnification independent of a lens is the distance of that lens from the object it is magnifying, in this case the date wheel.

2) You should be aware that not all watches require 6mm cyclopses—some use 5mm, some 6mm, some 7mm—please make sure that you will be happy with 6mm on whatever model you are buying for. 6mm is by far the most common size, and a 1mm difference is not that noticeable. You should check before ordering, though.

3) Likewise not all watches use 1.6X magnification (most use lenses between 1.4X and 1.8X). We purposely chose the midpoint so that these lenses will look great on a wide variety of watches. In any event, these lenses will provide significant improvement in appearance and function over watches that have substandard magnification.

4) The lenses will be made out of sapphire, which will eliminate the tendency of glass cyclopses to pop off of sapphire crystals during rapid changes of temperature which can occur when exiting a heated building on a very cold day (or vice versa) or at the beach with your watch sitting in the sun.

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING INFORMATION

1) This is not a money making venture, but rather just something we wanted to do for ourselves and our fellow forum members. We're offering these at our base cost + shipping ($35 US) to any member who wants them. We are all taking 5-10 each.

2) This project involves a significant up front investment which we have funded in full. Since this up front investment has cut into our rep budgets, incensed our significant others, and placed a good bit of disposable income at risk we are asking that everyone who wants these at cost pre-pay $18 for each cyclops ordered by April 17th. Everyone participating will get the exact same deal. There will be no behind the scenes sweetheart arrangements, no exceptions. For those who elect to take advantage of the initial offer, $17 will be due after we have had a chance to inspect the lenses but prior to shipment.

3) These deposits are 100% refundable, backed by a workmanship guarantee of the lens maker and a de facto guarantee against them not working on our watches by 4 longtime members with a combined 10k posts and tens of thousands of dollars worth of trouble-free transactions with dealers and fellow members. So, in the unlikely event these lenses don't work out, you get your money back and we take a nice long bath in little round pieces of glass.

4) After April 17th, lenses will most likely still be available. The price will increase to $45, though, with payment due prior to shipping. It's your choice. We have put up the up front money and in good faith are offering you to share in the initial cost (although, unlike us, you have no risk--you are guaranteed of a good working product or you get your money back).

5) If you want the lenses at $35 please PM sssurfer no later than April 17th, and he will send you payment instructions.

In your PM, please include:

Name

Board User Name

Address

How many lenses you want

Email address

6) If you have any technical questions about the lenses feel free to post here or PM sssurfer, archibald, finepics or kruzer00.

7) We expect and hope the lenses will be received and shipped no later than June 1st.

As the “big date” approaches we will post further updates to this thread. ‘Cause after all, Big Dates are what this project is all about.

Best to all,

The Watchmen

kruzer00 sssurfer, Finepics, archibald

UPDATE: We’re pleased to announce that the countdown clock to high-magnification has begun. Some further details:

5) If you want the lenses at $35 please PM sssurfer no later than April 17th, and he will send you payment instructions.

In your PM, please include:

Name

Board User Name

Address

How many lenses you want

Email address

6) If you have any technical questions about the lenses feel free to post here or PM sssurfer, archibald, finepics or kruzer00.

7) We expect and hope the lenses will be received and shipped no later than June 1st.

As the “big date” approaches we will post further updates to this thread. ‘Cause after all, Big Dates are what this project is all about.

Best to all,

The Watchmen

kruzer00 sssurfer, Finepics, archibald

Thanks to everyone who went through the effort on this :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

PM sent to sssurfer for 10 :whistling:

Are there discounts for larger orders? say in blocks of 5 or 10, or is there savings in shipping costs?

Thanks.

PS. I am very interested and was worried I'd missed the boat on this!

Are there discounts for larger orders? say in blocks of 5 or 10, or is there savings in shipping costs?

Thanks.

PS. I am very interested and was worried I'd missed the boat on this!

Chronus, sorry to say that we are unable to offer any discount being these already are at our base cost + shipping.

I can't tell after they will go at their full price, but you can stay assured that no discount, if any, will rival the $10 saving :Jumpy: that you get by ordering right now.

@Rolex2112 (and anyone who already placed their orders) : PM reply sent. Thanks! :)

To anyone who already placed their pre-orders in the other post some weeks ago:

if you still are interested, please follow the instructions in this post and PM me.

That other list was unofficial, just for pre-orders. The real thing is this one.

Thanks! :D

Chronus, sorry to say that we are unable to offer any discount being these already are at our base cost + shipping.

I can't tell when they will go at their full price, but you can stay assured that no discount, if any, will rival the $10 saving :Jumpy: that you get by ordering right now.

@Rolex2112 (and anyone who already placed their orders) : PM reply sent. Thanks! :)

Payment and PM Sent .

29 pieces left (out of 100) after the first two days orders.

Anyone interested is prayed to place his order ASAP.

In order to avoid any possible anbiguousness -- and by stating in advance that I'll keep on replying messages in the same order as they arrive to me -- from now on I am going to follow these rules:

Those who will pay within 24 hrs from my reply will be served according with the time of their order.

Others will be served according with the time of their payment.

Best,

sss

We have gotten great response from the membership and we are close to being theoretically sold out. I checked with Ssurfer and there are a few members who either indicated preliminary interest or who confirmed interest but have yet to pay. Please bear in mind two things. The $35 price applies and order confirmation takes place when either the deposit (if a pre-order) or full payment is sent. So if you want in at the lower price please send initial payment via pp to sssurfer over the next 3 days. This post is not meant to be a threat. The demand has been great but we have no idea whether this will sell out on pre-order. What we don't want are disappointed members who either think they can buy at $35 without payment or, even worse, think they are gettting something when they aren't. As has been said before, if these cyclops don't work you're money will be returned. :)

Cheers to all,

Kruzer

2 pieces left, 5 pieces requested but not paid so far.

We can satisfy some (few) exceeding requests by draining from pieces that we originally planned to save to ourselves.

Those who made their requests today: the first who will pay will be the one to get served. If your requests will not get paid within 24 hrs from my PM reply they will get cancelled.

Should be any pieces left, up from this moment any other requests are going to be served strictly on a 'first-pay-first-served' rule.

This is just to keep things clear in this final rush (no harshness intended).