When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC 250 Years Anniversary Watch

slay

first off, this is a QUARTZ chrono, but according to aspire all functions work exactly like the Gen (and i really like the fact that its quartz and that everything works as it should!)

how did i find it? todays aspire newsletter :)

22357-1751.jpg

i couldnt find a pic of the gen (maybe someone else can), but it looks pretty damn good just like that! 250$ might be a bit high for a quartz, but i really like it!

maybe anyone of our dealers can get that beauty??!

more pics:

http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1001

In February I saw this watch in Sean (etaswiss.net) website.

I was very excited about it, I have a real thing for gold/black combo and there very few reps like that.

So I contacted Sean, thinking "how much can this possibly cost, I know it's not a 7750 chrono, this should not cost more than $120-150".

Sean gets back to me and says the cost is $260, for a quartz!!!

So I give him a counter offer of $160, telling him other dealers sell SS quartz driven chronos for $120, I'm giving him $60 extra for the gold, I really want this watch.

He tells me he just can't do it for this price, his cost was too high, apparently this watch watch has swiss eta quartz movement. He also said his customers have complained about the high cost of this watch, I'm sure he's not selling many of these.

It is a smaller piece - the case size is about 37.5mm, very, very elegant watch.

I may have to re-visit thge desire for this one.

Slay, I don't remember exactly what Sean said about the quartz movement, but he said it was swiss and expensive.

Now that I remember, I think PreciousTime had the same one & wanted about $250 for it, so some of our dealers can get it but it's not gonna sell for less than $250.

Any I agree with you about the movement, at least this one should work perfectly and last a long time. so $250 isn't so bad.

i couldnt find a pic of the gen (maybe someone else can), but it looks pretty damn good just like that! 250$ might be a bit high for a quartz, but i really like it!

I think this is a fantasy watch. VC made several highly complicated 250 anniversary watches, but none that I could find that resembled this one. VC 250 anniversary link.

Guest overboosted

Anybody know for sure if this has a "microstepper" quartz?

With a solid caseback I could justify it then, it would look like a mechanical with the sweeping hands.

From what I remember though, these quartz movements with sweeping hands are pretty pricey, more than $250 area.

Either way I would watch for Josh to get this one soon too.

I saw the watch at Aspire and it is a good looker! Can any of the dealers reading this provide an input about the quartz movement and if there ever was such a model?..Please!

it is a fantasy model...it was written in this post...if you ever did read it!

probably has the microstepper quartz they are pricy but awesome. The second hand sweeps like a real movement.

Wow...if the sweep on those movements is anywhere near a mechanical movement beat, that opens up a whole world of reps--perpetual calandars, even minute repeaters (shellman makes a quartz minute repeater--word is the sound is almost perfect but the sweep seconds ticks like quartz). How cool would it be to have a patek, VC or other brand w/ a working minute repeater and sweeping seconds.