When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Doxa addicts here?

chris5264

I'm sure there are no reps but it looks like you can pick one up around 1,000 (usd). I can remember actually thinking how much I didn't like this watch, the lugs were too small and case seemed wrong,,then after getting into seiko divers I changed my opinion and it somehow is on my list. Any other Doxa freaks out there?

Paneari153 is a Doxa fan.

I have restored many of his models, including a "one of a kind, only known copy to exist in the world" one...and he had to tell me this as I was doing the work...talk about pressure. That model made it into the Doxa book by that Doctor fellow.

Here is some of one of the restorations I did, not sure what one this is.

I even repainted the bezel numbers, BEFORE.

242492-9439.jpg

242492-9440.jpg

AFTER.

242492-9441.jpg

242492-9442.jpg

242492-9443.jpg

242492-9444.jpg

RG

Love those old Doxas. And I'm not just talking about the amazing 60s divers. I love the art deco 20s Doxas that are now seemingly very hard to get. 7+ years ago, there were lots of larger sized 1920s-1930s Doxas on that auction site and on various online dealer sites. No more :( They are rare nowadays.

Zig, that Doxa, I have heard of it! Panerai153 has always had excellent taste in watches over the years, how funny that this awesome specimen belongs to him.

• 3 weeks later...

The Zigmeister,

My brother is a huge Doxa fan. So much so, that he laughs at my genuine Omegas, not to mention my reps. I like Doxas also - but i have yet to pick one up. The new GMT version is rather striking. Cool to see that you worked on one of these.

• 3 weeks later...