When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Western Union.....

BMWrolex

Sorry if this has been already asked but...

I'm down to two options for payment of a watch...

Either moneybookers or Western Union...

Since moneybookers doesnt allow the uploading of funds over $300 (i need $350) I'm probably going to go with Western Union....

Is this a safe idea? I've never used Western Union but I also don't want to get in trouble with the authorities because I believe you have to surrender your ID to send money to foriegn countries...

Has anyone had any experience with this? Do you guys normally pay online or at a booth? Which is safer?

I just feel a little insecure when it comes to exposing my identity to these guys.

I've never used WU but from what I've heard you have really nothing to worry about as far as giving up your ID. "The Man" isn't looking for every guy online buying a rep, and with so many WU transactions internationally every single day, yours won't even get noticed. I worry more about someone taking my money and running off with it. That why I won't use western union. If it's a dealer you trust, then don't sweat it. I know a lot of people that have had nothing but good experiences. I'm sure plenty will chime in.

Of course I also know someone who thought they won a French Lottery and had to send money via WU to China in order to get his winnings from Switzerland, but then again he deserved to lose his money, can't really blame the guys at WU for that.

Good luck, you should be fine. P.S. What kind of watch are we talking about here...

all of my reps have been bought with WU...it is safe if you send the funds to a reliable seller...no doubt about that...I wouldn't advise you to send the funds to a person that you ain't sure 100%...

I always go to the WU point fill the documents and send the $$$...no worry about your data...

the only thing that ain't good are the high fees that you have to pay to WU...

hope it helps!

Yeah, go to a booth.

The online method is a scam. They ALWAYS want you to call them, no matter how many times you've sent money to the same damn person. It's their protocol anyhow. I should know, I asked them during an argument over the phone.

First of all... I dont know if I would ever buy a watch from TTK... but since you trust him then go for it. Lots of people use Western Union and it seems to work out well, at least Ive never heard of any complains about them...

On an unrelated note, am I just looking at it wrong or is the 6:00 marker on your president completely off-kilter? Is it just the picture or what?

244539-8836.jpg

I would definitely buy from TTK (and I actually already did it on two occasions). He is a standup guy and a very competent one. Just follow his instructions to the letter not to make him nervous, he hates time wasters and those who can't even properly read what he writes.

Even if you piss him off, TTK will respect your dial, if any -- but one thing is having to do with a good-hearted TTK, a completely different thing is to bear with a pissed TTK.

On the contrary, I'll never use WU again because of their scandalous fees and because they even gain from currencies exchange. If you are not going to use the same currency requested by TTK (e.g. USD instead of GBP), that is a thing you should take into account.

I have just done 2 payments with WU today...total 700$...DAMN!...but it's the easiest way for me to pay since I have no CC...

tomorrow gonna do another one...expensive end of the week...

1000$ transformed in watches and PALP crowns!

1000$ transformed in watches and PALP crowns!

That's a good thing... I'm going to suppose I have to give one kidney of mine in order to get any Palp's crowns... :(