When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT chronograph ideas

CLR

Hello - first post here so I hope I'm not breaking any rules inadvertently.

To cut a long story short, I'm trying to find a GMT chronograph. A spot of web searching (well, okay, a lot) reveals the Fortis B42, the rather nice Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chronograph, Seiko's superb limited edition Spring Drive and some references to an Omega Co-axial model that I just can't nail down. Unfortunately I've had no luck at all finding replicas for any of these, and the wife will go bonkers if I buy a real one.

Any ideas as to whether I might find reps (particularly of the Chopard), or any other ideas as to who else might produce GMT chronographs? I have twig-sized wrists so Brietlings are out.

Any help appreciated,

Chris

Aside from the size issue of the Navitimer World, I am leery of any rep that attempts to do too much in the way of complications. If the 7750 in a basic chrono makes you at all nervous, I would probably resist the temptation to add a GMT on top of the chrono.

GMT hands are my favorite complication, and I already have an SMP GMT and a Pam Gmt, and am sorely tempted to get the Mont Blanc as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello - first post here so I hope I'm not breaking any rules inadvertently.

To cut a long story short, I'm trying to find a GMT chronograph. A spot of web searching (well, okay, a lot) reveals the Fortis B42, the rather nice Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chronograph, Seiko's superb limited edition Spring Drive and some references to an Omega Co-axial model that I just can't nail down. Unfortunately I've had no luck at all finding replicas for any of these, and the wife will go bonkers if I buy a real one.

Any ideas as to whether I might find reps (particularly of the Chopard), or any other ideas as to who else might produce GMT chronographs? I have twig-sized wrists so Brietlings are out.

Any help appreciated,

Chris

WOMART HAS A Flawed version of the LIMITED EDITION 2005 Chopard Mille Miglia GMT.

Note it has no Gmt hand, wrong date wheel, no date mag , wrong pointer on second hand and sub dials all messed up. BUT who will spot that.....

Thanks

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?ma...roducts_id=1293