When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega GMT and Moonwatch

b16a2

Wel my term at uni has finished so i am currently back and working in the family business. We were out on a job today and I noticed a rather familiar sight on the customers wrist. He was wearing an Omega GMT (like that in By-tors review) He handed it over, and I now know this is going to be my next rep. It looks absolutely stunning in the flesh. I mentioned about the Aerospace I had just pruchased and we got into a bit of a discussion. He then went upstairs and brought down a Speedmaster (moonwatch)

I mentioned I had a rep of an SMP Chrono, but didn't go any firther into reps as I'm not sure if he was the type to appreciate reps, so we just carried on talking about the gens. Turns out he also shares a love for WW2 aircraft. Funny how you can meet people randomly but yet share quite a lot in common!

Cool story. Watches can be an icebreaker sometimes. Omega is very much a down-to-earth quality brand.

I had a similar experience at work. I noticed a guy at the lunch wearing an IWC GST Chrono in Titanium. I was wearing a Panerai Marina Militare, guess he could not miss it. So on on the way back to the office, the guy comments "Nice Panerai". I complement him on his GST, and he turns out to be just as nuts about watches as me! :)He has even bought an Speedmaster X-33 after I told him about it, and are in the market for a vintage Explorer II, 1665... He knows that I collect both reps and gens, but never asks if the watch is genuine or what it cost. Nice guy!