When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best PAM212?

asands

Hi Guys, just new here and after reading up on as much as I can, I like the look of the PAM212 and obviously the PAM127. The question I have is, which is the best or "definitive" version of these in regards to the accuracy of the reps, the quality of the movement, which dealer and price etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm sorry if this info is around somewhere but I couldn't seem to find it.

Cheers

No 212 rep has flyback functionality. Asian 7750 auto looks close to me, with display back and engraved rotor. I would expect ETA 7750 is more reliable, but more expensive and no engraved rotor.

Thanks, since this is the case at the moment, maybe I'll start with the PAM127, as it seems there are quite a few more of these to choose from. It seems like one with higher specs, Sapphire crystal, Swiss movement etc would be the way to go if I want it to still be using it for the next few years, so, same questions I guess for the PAM127, "definitive" version?

Thanks for your help

I've been told the most accurate 127 is the one with the engraved bridges, but these are out of production, so the most accurate looking 127 is one of the Asian Unitas versions.

andrew is a great dealer as i have dealt with him before, and that is a very good price, but that is by no means a definitive 127. the one andrew has has a copy unitas movement with no swan neck regulator. the best 127 is no longer in production and has genuine swiss unitas with swan neck. good luck on your quest!

Thanks again, anybody know anything about these ones?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1653&hl=pam127

sounds good to me, but I'm only new to this. Just a matter of hunting around for the info I suppose

Is the Swan neck version really out of production? Wow, with the old case 7753 Daylights no longer made and 187's still difficult to get this rep game is getting more difficult (read more fun). I guess we now own reps which are rarer than the gens. :lol: What a great hobby! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Someting tells me I should pick up one of those Destro's :)

Is the Swan neck version really out of production? Wow, with the old case 7753 Daylights no longer made and 187's still difficult to get this rep game is getting more difficult (read more fun). I guess we now own reps which are rarer than the gens. :lol: What a great hobby! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Someting tells me I should pick up one of those Destro's :)

seems that we are living in the golden age of reps!

Don't forget the 2893-2 based PAM029s and PAM063s are also out of production now, only a few left...