When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Put a Gen Dial on my Datejust

Raijor

I put a Genuine Rolex Anniversary Dial on my TT Datejust from Ruby and it has upped the quality of the looks signifigantly. I chose an anniversary dial in charcoal with gold Arabic numbers. The dial fits perfectly on the ETA movement once the legs are removed. I glued the dial in place with a small amount of contact cement and it was good to go.

I believe that the dials are one of the weakest links on some Reps and in the case of this one that was the case. Now the watch pops. I have purchased two new Gen dials for two other Datejusts and will post pics of te swaps in due course.

This was a simple mod with assistance from the fourm search function all the instructions and tips were found.

Cheers and thanks to all fourm members who took time to post their mods and instructions as they gave me the confidence to try this myself.

245131-8689.jpg

Nice job! It looks great

I agree. Dials, crystals and inserts for most rollies. At least for me.

I put a Genuine Rolex Anniversary Dial on my TT Datejust from Ruby and it has upped the quality of the looks signifigantly. I chose an anniversary dial in charcoal with gold Arabic numbers. The dial fits perfectly on the ETA movement once the legs are removed. I glued the dial in place with a small amount of contact cement and it was good to go.

I believe that the dials are one of the weakest links on some Reps and in the case of this one that was the case. Now the watch pops. I have purchased two new Gen dials for two other Datejusts and will post pics of te swaps in due course.

This was a simple mod with assistance from the fourm search function all the instructions and tips were found.

Cheers and thanks to all fourm members who took time to post their mods and instructions as they gave me the confidence to try this myself.

245157-8685.jpg

Picked it up on the Bay and have a couple of more on the way. I won this one for $200 - a bit pricey but it is a very unique and uncommon dial. The other two I purchased on the Bay were much cheaper because they are rather common Datejust dials - both under $100 - black with Romans and silver with stick markers.

very nice!

where did u get the dial? abay?