When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust model 116200 2007 Franken Project

the collector

Guys,

Again, i am looking to start a new project, this time a SS Datejust 116200 the new 2007 model with rolesor oyster band.

Need some help, where can i find a good base to start with. I have been looking at joshuas datejusts, they look pretty good...

please, any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by TwoTone

heard that old bands dont fit newer models...

You will have to work from a rep case. I think joshua cases are good enough.

Only downside is crystal and dial. Crystal aint as thick as it should be.

Maybe you will need to make a gen crystal fit...about dial, the crown of dial is very bad, I will suggest you to replace crown from a genuine datejust dial. Sometimes they can be found for 60 euros in ebay. sure it is a big improvement.

Hope that helps.

I think it's going to be tough to find a 116200 case, gen that is. They're just too new. A Joshua rep w/ the eta wouldn't be too bad. Like manuel says, the crystal won't be as thick and the crown on the dial might be a little off, but I doubt you're going to be able to do much better. And 99.99% of the people would never know the difference.

The Frankenjusts we've been building are from cases which are 15-27+ years old, where someone has stripped the Rolex movement out of it and put it in an aftermarket gold case. No ones going to do that on a relatively new watch. A new 116200, or slightly used runs over $4K and you can buy older DJ's for $2K or less, so it will be a while before people start stripping movements out of 116200's.

I've never had any luck putting a gen dial in a rep case, as far as Datejusts go. It seems the rep cases run just a bit bigger than the gen dials.