When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-Gul Tourbillon shows up in an expensive genuine

Came accross theis. St Gallen watch company is a Hong Kong based company with a Swiss name. They make a watch called "The Disinfectable", an automatic watch that you can dip in antimicrobials like diluted bleach. It has pulsation and respiration gradations on the dial.

...and now this LE horrible looking thing with our favorite karosel tourbi movement from the guys at Sea-Gul. The seller claims the movement is shipped to Switzerland for upgrading and then assembled into the watch but the company is based in the east so.....you draw your own conclusions. $10,000 and fugly!

245596-8648.jpg

Model: Chinese Tourbillon

Description: The base movement is created in China and then sent to Switzerland to be refined and quality controlled by St. Gallen. The hand wound movement is in a 42mm stainless steel case with a rubber strap. The dial is hand painted Roman numerals on mother of pearl and features a display back. Water resistant to 330ft, limited to 500 pieces for the world.

Brand new with box papers and two year factory warranty. Armstrong Rockwell is authorized by St. Gallen to distribute their brand. The watch is brand new and is located on this web page until additional product is received and an individual page can be built.

List Price: $9,900.

:blink:

"controlled by St. Gallen" sounds as wrong as "controlled by Amsterdam..."

St Gallen is a place.

Well, anyway, I don't believe any single word of their story.

If you can get a chinese tourbi on ebay for 500 dollars, nothing can explain the price difference with this ugly thing. Is it plain white gold or something like that ?

Does the watch travel in first class ?

If anyone buys a tourbi from me at 10 000 dollars, I'll grant him 5 years warranty, a free bottle of Champagne, and will still keep an indecent margin.

Oh, and I forgot : who needs a disinfectable watch ?