When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do i really need a case opener to open up my steelfish?

Rxus

Yeah i know I guess maybe I do need one, but I think I rememebr reading that some duck tape on your paml will work as well....I know I know, i really shoudl get the cse oepner, but I don't want to wait for shipping, call me crazy.

Any advice?

Breitlings are tricky. A Jaxa style tool is what I use but I've got a cheapy and if you aren't careful you'll scratch a Breit case back really quick. The cheap Jaxa tools like mine have some wobble on the dies so they'll slip off the edges of the case, especially on Breitlings because the edges are very shallow. If you think you'll be using them often buy a decent set of Swiss openers and you'll probably be much happier! Oh and if you do decide to order and not use the latex, gloves, or duct tape tricks (which I wouldn't do on a rep like the steelfish anyway) go ahead and buy some silicone grease to seal up that gasket really tight!

Cheers! :victory:

I've not opened my Steelfish, what with its being superduperproof up to a light year under lava or something, but if I were to do so, it would be with a specific tool as the caseback isn't ideal for generics.

246977-8385.jpg