When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My SMP

TeeJay

Well, it's been quite a wait, but, I feel it was well worth it. This little beauty arrived through my door this morning, and I am more than happy with it :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: Are there flaws? Of course there are, and I'm sure the Omega Experts will be quick to point them out, but, there are a few things about it that I am particularly happy with:

Bezel Insert. Only misalligned by 2 degrees. The bezel resisted an initial removal attempt, so I just pulled out the mechanism, popped out the crystal, and levered the insert out from behind, re-set it, and put it all back together. The pearl's not perfect, but I'm not someone who demands 100% accuracy. They color of the bezel is gorgeous, and, the markings are the correct size, rather than the over-sized markers on the 2254.50 bezel insert.

Dial. Not the strongest wave pattern or lume, but, it has the 3 marker! With the recent Cartel Reps missing this marker, I was overjoyed to see it.

Bracelet. Individual links rather than the single piece moulded links that came on my project watch. Clasp has diver's extension, and engraved lettering. There is a single stripped screw/pin, but, I have adjusted it to fit, and will likely be putting it on the brown leather strap I've mentioned recently, so I can certainly live with this 'unbalanced' bracelet for now.

As I say, it's not perfect, but, it's certainly not as bad as some reps (the recent 'Red Seamaster', for example) and the price was excellent. Time for the photos...

246978-8382.jpg

246978-8383.jpg

246978-8384.jpg

Oh yes, the cost?

Nice TJ ,

Your bezel alignment would have been done easier by just using a hair dryer to heat it up and then twisting it in place , that works real well if just a millimeter or two out of alignment ..

Don't tell me , your stripped screw / pin was the last one down by the clasp right (??) , out of all the SMP's I have seen that was always the one that would not come out without a little persuasion ??

Wait a minute , I thought you were the "Omega God" ? :mellow:

Enjoy it ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Zed

Nice watch for the price....I don't think the pearl is that bad, I can't see all the detail from your pic but at least it is right at the center of the triangle.

I start to love my smp chrono more than my u.PO mainly because of the very neat and detail wave pattern on the dial.

Hey Teejay, nice purchase, and for that price it looks excellent! Like you say, there are a few flaws, but what a lovely watch, and being someone who doesn't mind accuracy I will leave this post on the note of; wear it well!

Nice TJ ,

Your bezel alignment would have been done easier by just using a hair dryer to heat it up and then twisting it in place , that works real well if just a millimeter or two out of alignment ..

Don't tell me , your stripped screw / pin was the last one down by the clasp right (??) , out of all the SMP's I have seen that was always the one that would not come out without a little persuasion ??

Wait a minute , I thought you were the "Omega God" ? :mellow:

Enjoy it ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Zed

Yup, last full-size link against the clasp (the half-links were fine) What I've done, is adjusted it so it's got a 5 link 6 link split, with the shortest section on the outside of my wrist so the watch sits nearer the edge of my wrist rather than right in the middle.

I thought about the hairdryer method, but, having had one plastic movement retainer warp beyond repair through too much heat, I was wary of repeating that accident, so it was as easy to just strip the watch and push it out from behind.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Omega God :D I know a fair bit about them, and which details are relevent to which models, but that's about it :D I think I'll still switch it to the leather strap for day to day wear, but put it back on the bracelet for more formal occasions :)

Nice watch for the price....I don't think the pearl is that bad, I can't see all the detail from your pic but at least it is right at the center of the triangle.

I start to love my smp chrono more than my u.PO mainly because of the very neat and detail wave pattern on the dial.

Thanks :) The pearl is not perfect, but, it's certainly passable, and, as you say, at least it's right in the center of the triangle :D I think for the price, the level of accuracy is pretty good, most particularly the fact it has the 3 marker by the date window which the Cartel SMPs have recently been missing...

You can't beat that price! The 300m 100ft looks a little funny to me, kinda like it's streched, but it could just be the photo. Either way very nice pickup! Can you PM me the dealer?

I thought that myself about the font, but, it's not too much an issue for me. PM sent with the dealer name :)

Hey Teejay, nice purchase, and for that price it looks excellent! Like you say, there are a few flaws, but what a lovely watch, and being someone who doesn't mind accuracy I will leave this post on the note of; wear it well!

Thanks :) Indeed, there are flaws, but for the price, it could certainly have been worse :D

• 1 month later...
CQout lol I know this watch to it had NO lume on the dial - that is just paint :D

The dial DOES have lume. Admitedly, not in the league of a Ziggified Superlume job, but, it DOES have lume. When I get the watch back from being waterproofed, I shall happily take pictures to prove this :smile: