When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great watch, one small issue though

phaedo

Ok guys,

I got a Pam 113 a couple of days ago, and it is a great watch in almost every aspect. Manual wind and it was still running when it arrived 10 days after being posted. However, I have started to have one problem - it stops on me. It still has power, but it is like one of the hands is sticking or something I think. It stopped dead on 12 yesterday, but then again that evening at about 10.15. Did it twice the day before in the space of an hour, but this is all it has happened. So far. Is it likely to be something very minor? Just from what it is doing I think so, not even something worth getting in touch with the dealer about really, when I could (hopefully) take it to a local watch guy and he has it fixed in 5 minutes.

And the movement is Swiss 6497.

Thanks

Edited by phaedo

Definitely minor as you didn't drop it or "expose" it to any dangerous stunts!

My guess: 1) Most likely is that one tiny weenie speck of dust may have gotten into the movement and caused it to stop

2) The other would be, the second hand is pressed too deeply onto the dial and this caused much friction to make the movement move freely; this happened to me once, or even dial is not pressed onto the movement properly and hence the second hand has too little space to move properly

Well, in any case, hope you fix your watch up nicely and all the best!

Well, so much for a 5 minute job. Took it to a guy I know at the mall, he will service the movement. So back in about 2 weeks. But having said that it should firstly fix whatever the problem was, and it should also be good for another 5 years. Just going to be hard to be without it for the next couple of weeks with the waiting, it is bad enough waiting for a watch to arrive in the first place, without having it 2 days only to have to wait for it again.