When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which bracelet & end piece is correct for 1665 DRSD?

freddy333

Repaustria -- Thank you for the quick reply. Can I also ask what the difference is between the 9315 & 93150 bracelets? I have a box full of rep bracelets and they are all labeled 93150, but some have diver's extensions and some do not. I am wondering which would be correct for the DRSD? I also have a couple of end pieces labeled 501B, but I have a feeling that is wrong for this model. I have seen these with 280, 380, 580 or 585 end pieces. The Patent Pending page of doubleredseadweller shows 380s, but I have seen all of the others fitted to DRSDs on Timezone. Could all of these end pieces be correct (fitted either originally or during servicing)?

Guest avitt

The 93150 has hollow links. The earlier 9315 has folded links. The 585 end links were developed for the SD, bacause the 580's didn't quite fit the thicker case correctly. Here is a nice reference page for bracelets:

Rolex Bracelet Reference

The PP SD is a special bird.

Avitt -- Just what the doctor ordered.

The reference page shows any of 3 end pieces -- 285/580/585, and it also looks like both bracelets were fitted to the 1665. So my remaining question is (and repaustria probably already answered this, but I would not mind a second opinion) did the DRSD bracelet have the diver's extension?

ive got a rolex issued technical sheet showing all the configurations for bracelet and end links that i'll try and dig out. it shows alot more configurations were used on many models than on that list but im not sure with direct ref to the 1665 as with not having one i never paid much attention.

definately on the divers extension on the 9315 and 93150. it sounds like more a fault with the rep bracelets with regards to accuracy than their being options for no extension

TheWightStuff -- If you locate that technical sheet, could you post a copy? I would love to see it.

I think you are right about the rep bracelets being inaccurate. I kind of thought it should have the extension, but wanted to be sure.

I want to try to engrave the lettering on the caseback of my DRSD. I think I remember you said you used an engraving tool to do yours. Do you mean an engraving bit for a dremel or did you use a separate engraving tool? I was in Sears yesterday and they have both, but I wondering what you used?

i just used a small bit in a dremel though cant speak for anyone else.

im sure a better job could be done with a proper engraving tool, they feel easier to handle however since it was a one off job i didnt feel the cost was worth it for me.

the fact that i was just outlining an already present pattern and the point was that it was meant to be worn also swung it.

i found working the back after the engraving with sandpaper etc was as important for wearing the caseback in

TWS -- Do you mind if I beat this dead horse a bit more and ask what the dremel bit you used was called or if it had a size on it?

I did not have anything in my Dremel toolbox that looked useful for engraving, so I picked up two Diamond Point 'Cutting/Engraving' bits from Sears. One is 5/16" & the other is 5/64".

post-3175-1179531376_thumb.jpg

But looking at the width of the lettering on the DRSD caseback (very thin), it looks like the points on both tools are alot larger than the width of the letters. For example, I think if I try to run either tip on either of the two " (quote) characters that appear on the caseback (one to the right of the word OYSTER and the other to the left of the word ROLEX), it seems like the bits are so wide that they will merge the two separate lines into one.

So I am just wondering how you did this? Do you just start the dremel and then place the engraving tip into one end of each letter and slowly drag it along the length of the letter to widen the existing lines?

I apologize if this seems silly, but this engraving thing is the first mod I have attempted that has me feeling a complete pratt (butthead).

Freddy, I'm selling it on fleabay.. probably not a good idea since I'll probably kick myself later. I'm thinking about building an MBW 5512, so maybe I'll keep the bracelet and use it on that. It's got gen 380b end links with the 2mm hoops. The 580 end links I've got are reps that have been modded by me. I dremeled the small hoops completely out so the link/bracelet sits right on the watch

JoJo -- I wish you had posted a few days ago. I found a 93150, but I still need a pair of gen 580/585 end links (with the soldered inner hoops that fit the 2mm dia springbars) in case you have these and are willing to part with them.

Repaustria -- Thank you for the quick reply. Can I also ask what the difference is between the 9315 & 93150 bracelets? I have a box full of rep bracelets and they are all labeled 93150, but some have diver's extensions and some do not. I am wondering which would be correct for the DRSD? I also have a couple of end pieces labeled 501B, but I have a feeling that is wrong for this model. I have seen these with 280, 380, 580 or 585 end pieces. The Patent Pending page of doubleredseadweller shows 380s, but I have seen all of the others fitted to DRSDs on Timezone. Could all of these end pieces be correct (fitted either originally or during servicing)?

Freddy, would you be prepared to sell one of the bracelets? If so, how much would you be asking?