When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The terrible day/dates in the new iwc super reps

chad

I just saw that someone sent in there 3717 for lume and the crooked day/date was fixed just by realigning things by The Zigmeister. Others have bought the wheels for 8 dollars from cousins.

Now the cousteau pictures are popping up and dates look terrible. Otherwise the thing is stunning.

Dealers and makers...

Why go to all this trouble making these great reps if you cannot line up the date wheels? When I first mentioned that the 3717 should not be released because of this issue especially since it was delayed because an o ring was .0005 off I was flamed with people saying that even the gens were like this. Now we see that The Zigmeister has fixed this and I asked an AD repair guy about a crooked dates in an IWC yesterday and he said NEVER and if it happening it needs to be repaired.

or...

charge us 25 dollars more and put eta wheels in.

either way...

Let's just not have anymore crooked dates on super reps. Save those for the regular 250 ones. :)

p.s.

Those of you who are asking to have the watches serviced before they leave china on asia super reps think about the fact they cannot even get these wheels on straight. Would you really want them servicing your mvt?

There was lots more about that Cousteau Diver dial to take issue with IF one chooses to call this a "Super Rep". There was sloppy lume and the dial numbers were rough and the wrong thickness and font. Don't get me wrong, its an excellent rep and I also live with the mantra that all reps have flaws but some here are touting the virtues of these new reps as a quantam leap over the previous generation (particularily in reference to dial fidelity) and I see the same old stuff on close examination...at least on this dial.

I agree with chad. The 7750 is an ok movement, but as I knew that misalignment of day and date would bother me, I will pass on the Costeau. There are so many good chronograph-replicas that I feel it is enough at the moment

The way to go is to make more top replicas with the almost bombproof ETA or ETA copy movements, as the Steelfish and Planet Ocean! No trouble with date alignment on those! It would be easier for the sellers as well...

I wish for a top replica of the regular Aquatimer. :)

True..replica is just replica...

In the case of the 3717 that I had 'serviced', the day/date wheel isssue was not even mentioned, but during servicing of the movement the wheels were aligned, and for the most part are perfectly straight now. I must admit that it does make a difference to have them straighter. However the 'mis' alignment did not bother me all that much.

I was more concerned that the movement function properly. Asian 7750's suck. Having the movement serviced makes sense. The alignment using new wheels or old is very nice however.

Certainly the people building these fake watches in China could almost give a damn. I had never spent an extra dime to have a watch modded in the past. The reason I did spend the money on the 3717 was because it is such a nice piece, that to insure its long life only made sense.

At this point with the movement fix, the lume, and day/date issues resolved, really do make this the 'perfect rep'...for me.

Of course others would argue that the AR coating isn't good enough...but where does it end?

If I had the dough I would probably buy the gen.