When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona... Take a look...

DarthSimon

Yes, as we speak I am off to lunch at some fancy schmancy restaurant (which Archibald has been kind enough to tell me what is good on the menu) with a client who is demanding lunch on Good Friday. At least that is the sum total of my work day today. :) But if I have to be a banker to afford those hi profile reps, what does that make you? :lol:

"Say hello to my little friend..." Seriously though, awesome watches. :)

WOW, some of you guys really crack me up. So much speculation that this watch is fake with all these nice reasons...

Fact is...Slay and others who think it's fake should get some education before spouting at the mouth...

WOW, you should get some education in reading, i guess :p

i clearly said im no daytona EXPERT, but the subdial @6 looks like its a 24hour indicator (and the hand positions match with the subdial hand positions) and the non-SEL endlinks looked worn out, i said nothing else!

but i now know its gen and how much it was... my speculation was just about the sub @6. if the chrono would have been resetet to ZERO before taking the pic, i couldnt tell if it was gen or fake simply b/c i dont have such knowledge about the pre 2000 reps (and i said that too)

and btw. congratz to the gen daytona darthsimon!

Edited by slay

Just a comparison shot....

My in-progress 16520 frankenstein (still holding out for the 'right' El Primero movement to take up residence inside...)

25402-1056.jpg

Darth's genuine 16523-

25402-1057.jpg

To be fair- All the parts on mine are genuine, except the dial (which is a reprint on a genuine Rolex dial base). Sometimes the frankensteins just cannot be detected... Even when the case back is removed (genuine rotor and bridges can be fitted to complete the look).

Careful folks... It's a jungle out there...

Edited by ubiquitous

I'm no daytona expert either, but just by judging what Darth has thus far, I can pretty much guess that it is the real deal. Here is Darth, proud owner of some of the best gens we know, and all of a sudden he is going to run out and get a cheap TT Rolex with day-date? Sure, that is the likely guess that I will have. buy a cheap day-date fake Daytona, when I have a 8 day laying around, that makes a lot of sense. But hey, if Donald Trump is wearing anything on him, I would think they are all real, well, except his hair of course.

Just a comparison shot....

My in-progress 16520 frankenstein (still holding out for the 'right' El Primero movement to take up residence inside...)

25753-1007.jpg

Darth's genuine 16523-

25753-1008.jpg

To be fair- All the parts on mine are genuine, except the dial (which is a reprint on a genuine Rolex dial base). Sometimes the frankensteins just cannot be detected... Even when the case back is removed (genuine rotor and bridges can be fitted to complete the look).

Careful folks... It's a jungle out there...

i was gonna say... the rolex emblem on you dial looks a little bit fatter than simons... why didnt you get a genuine dial? is your bracelet genuine too?

i was gonna say... the rolex emblem on you dial looks a little bit fatter than simons... why didnt you get a genuine dial? is your bracelet genuine too?

Genuine dial is something that I am searching for, but, not always easy to find (especially at the right price). Lots of aftermarkets and redials out there... So, I took what was readily available.

Bracelet and endlinks are genuine.