When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica clothing?

thomasng

Not that I'm interested in buying replica clothes, but I'm curious, what kind of replica clothing has people here seen before? How was the quality and such?

I have a great Von Dutch replica shirt.....I had to....it says Von "Dutch" (well I got it from a friend. I wouldnt let him buy a 'gen' :p ) .....quality is good, very pleased with it!

Edited by Dutchy

Some of the soccer jerseys I got have very good quality.

The common problem is the number/name printing at the back will fall off after wash. Also, it's a bit too small even for an XL.

You can check ebay. You should be able to find a lot of replica jerseys. There are also replica Prada, Burberry and Armani clothes, but those are too fake imo.

Some of the soccer jerseys I got have very good quality.

The common problem is the number/name printing at the back will fall off after wash. Also, it's a bit too small even for an XL.

You can check ebay. You should be able to find a lot of replica jerseys. There are also replica Prada, Burberry and Armani clothes, but those are too fake imo.

Agreed.

In terms of QUALITY, dont do it. A gen soccer shirt is something thats really worth it. My Von Dutch shirt was a present from a friend, and yes, it was only about the name, not thw quality!

Agreed.

In terms of QUALITY, dont do it. A gen soccer shirt is something thats really worth it. My Von Dutch shirt was a present from a friend, and yes, it was only about the name, not thw quality!

Ah, don't worry Dutchy. It's just not worth the hassle to buy fake clothes, IMO. I have a home England jersey that I have worn far more than 100 times, and it hasn't shown any signs of wear so far. I have something like 30 soccer jerseys at home, and really beat all of them up, and no problem. None of them have faded so far.

Ah, don't worry Dutchy. It's just not worth the hassle to buy fake clothes, IMO. I have a home England jersey that I have worn far more than 100 times, and it hasn't shown any signs of wear so far. I have something like 30 soccer jerseys at home, and really beat all of them up, and no problem. None of them have faded so far.

I got two from my brother, dutch national team (KNVB) as well as Ajax. Were really expensive, but none of those have indeed faded....well, although Ajax has faded soccer-wise :wounded1:

Damn, catch a few hours sleep and I miss out :(

I think the stitching is slightly inferior on the "Thailand" replica jerseys (funnily enough the original jersey bought in a shop is called a replica jersey too). That may come loose, and yes they tend to be slightly smaller than XL. Good thing I've lost weight since this time last year, I like those stretchy Kappa ones now :p

The other thing you can do is get a jersey just as a new design is coming out... then you get it cheap, although I got the last red England jersey with Carragher 23 on the back for 15 GBP (about 30 Canadian dollars).

I have rarely had a problem with numbers coming off the back of the fake jerseys, just the corner of the V on the VAN BASTEN Holland Jersey. The other problem was Cruyff was spelled incorrectly as CRYUFF on one, so I sent a pictur to the guy and he sent me a new one. The other problem was I couldn't get my neck through a XL Spain Away ALONSO 16 jersey, but again he sent a new one. This guy I get them from, I have dealt with over a year directly so it's no problem. He has the new Holland, Portugal, Spain, France, Brasil, Italy, Czech Republic and Ukraine shirts and includes the name and number in the price :thumbsupsmileyanim:

FYI, I've compared the store-bought jersey to the fake (Portugal home and Argentina away - I'd paid 25 GBP each for them without the names and numbers) and there isn't much in the way of difference or feel, just the size is usually not as big. I got a bunch of Liverpool ones made up last year with "Los Reyes De Europe 05" , "Champions of Europe 5 times" etc etc, no extra charges to get the champions league numbers or patches.

There are also sellers on eBay that have real shirts that are top quality though they tend to be old.

If allowed, look in the sales section of www.subsidesports.co.uk for sometime bargains, they tend to have the rare hard to find ones - I prefer shirts with no sponsor, so it's great to get that Kappa Napoli shirt etc.

:victory:

Edited by Chronus

PS. I was addcted to buying soccer jerseys, I have probably 100-150 of them now, so the Thailand ones are a good way of getting all those at cheap prices with a player's name on the back.

This jersey-buying eventually led me back to watches (an interest I had at 18) and to RWG... :yu:

PPS. I got a friend of mine to get me a Toronto Mapleleads jersey, and a Canada jersey out in Toronto :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just couldn't bring myself to wear a USA one though, so sorry to all the Americans on here. Like a Cnadian friend always tells me, Canadians are loved throughout the world but Americans not always are... and it's very true. And before anyone retaliates and I start off something, it's usually the Americans who leave their countries who are the most level-headed and know about the world of the Americans. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've been to America a few times, one time for a month, and went all the way from CT, NYC, to NJ, PA, KY, OH, IN, Chicago, and other places in between :)

Forgot to say the Canada jersey is for ice hockey.

I'd have more US Football and NHL jerseys if they weren't so "loud". When I was 18 that's all I would wear but nowadays it's sponsorless soccer jerseys like the Kappa ones, or say Real Madrid, Atletico, Barca, Borussia Dortmund, and national teams, Mexico, Italy, Spain etc etc.

Dutch too I hope?....I mean....don't you wanna look like us in Dutch-land?

Of course I have Dutch shirts, but I sold my Ajax one to an Ajax-nut friend of mine.

I have Cruyff and Van Basten Holland shirts :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, i *do* have to wear players names that best describe my ability :whistling:

Holland is so close, yet I haven't been there yet.

No way I could pass off as Dutch, I'm not tall enough! Only 5'11 !

Actually I'm wrong, it was when I was 19 :Jumpy:

Oh ok, man that would have been pathetic, an 18 year old thats into watches :lol:

About the "peeeeeeeeee" thing, hahaha, to me its like "uuuuurinaaaaaaaate!!" hahaha, I think its hilarious though, can actually imagine you...well actually that girl in your avatar, saying that ;)

Of course I have Dutch shirts, but I sold my Ajax one to an Ajax-nut friend of mine.

I have Cruyff and Van Basten Holland shirts :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, i *do* have to wear players names that best describe my ability :whistling:

Holland is so close, yet I haven't been there yet.

No way I could pass off as Dutch, I'm not tall enough! Only 5'11 !

Go to Holland, pack your bags now, and go! Be sure to wear your soccer shirts too (yes, more than one, you'll need layers anyway, it can be pretty cold, haha)

5'11, perfect to be a dutchman! Im just a giant as people call me at school :p

Go to Holland, pack your bags now, and go! Be sure to wear your soccer shirts too (yes, more than one, you'll need layers anyway, it can be pretty cold, haha)

5'11, perfect to be a dutchman! Im just a giant as people call me at school :p

My sister has a Polish friend who is 6'5 and everyone always asks him if he plays basketball or if he's Dutch.

I'm off to Newcastle next weekend, hopefully Cardiff in May (if Liverpool beat Chelsea to reach the FA Cup final) and Latvia for a friend's stag do end of May so I can't yet :(

The Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... is not pronounced like Pee its more like a stretched out Per without the R sound. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My sister has a Polish friend who is 6'5 and everyone always asks him if he plays basketball or if he's Dutch.

I'm off to Newcastle next weekend, hopefully Cardiff in May (if Liverpool beat Chelsea to reach the FA Cup final) and Latvia for a friend's stag do end of May so I can't yet :(

The Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... is not pronounced like Pee its more like a stretched out Per without the R sound. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hahaha, basketball player or Dutch....always asked at school if im a basketball player too. I like soccer though!!

I read the thread about the " Per without the 'r' ", Im just messin with ya mate! :)

Floris