When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica clothing?

thomasng

Hahaha, basketball player or Dutch....always asked at school if im a basketball player too. I like soccer though!!

I read the thread about the " Per without the 'r' ", Im just messin with ya mate! :)

Floris

I'm the one who was the basketball player, at one point i could do a standing jump and grab hold of the ring easily. Wish I could go back to those unstoppable days but injuries have moved me into soccer :(

Well, in soccer I like to play attacking roles, like say Pablo Aimar or Kaka who plays behind the strikers and puts in the clever through passes :) I love to shoot and score from the half-way line in 5-a-side soccer matches too :) Finally i am getting some fitness and a little speed back then i'll be good again! Missed 6 months last year with ankle ligament injuries from playing outdoor in the park, damn potholes covered by grass !

Ashamed to say I don't have any Dutch shirts, but maybe I should pick up one.

I have something like 6 England jerseys, a couple from English FCs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, a Real Madrid Beckham jersey, 2 Brazilian national, Portuguese national, and a whole bunch others at my house, but I forget what else there is. also have a huge amount of soccer t-shirts, something like 40 or so. I also have a few casual jackets, in fact I normally wear a silver-coloured longsleeved England tracksuit almost everyday.

I have something like 6 England jerseys, a couple from English FCs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, a Real Madrid Beckham jersey, 2 Brazilian national, Portuguese national, and a whole bunch others at my house, but I forget what else there is. also have a huge amount of soccer t-shirts, something like 40 or so. I also have a few casual jackets, in fact I normally wear a silver-coloured longsleeved England tracksuit almost everyday.

Hmmm....I trade you all shirts for my dutch one :o ......... :p

You really need to get a Liverpool shirt :D

I recommend Alonso, Gerrard or Carragher (he had 23 long before Beckham) if you want the big name players. If you play and are skillful, you could get Kewell too.

There are some nice ones you can look at as well, the Mexico 2002 purple shirt is great. The Italy 2004 Goalkeeper shirt is great too as well as the stretchy Kappa ones. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Chronus

You could order direct from the website www.liverpoolfc.tv

or try finding a website in Canada. You're in Toronto so there is probably a Liverpool supporters club or pub there (I think Liverpool have the most cities with fans worldwide along with Celtic, those Scots get everywhere ;)).

The liverpoolfc.tv forums will have people in Toronto/Canada who will help out though.

If I find anything I'll let you know.

Despite what man ure fans will have you believe, football (soccer) existed before 1990 and Liverpool are the most succesful English club there is, but that's not the only reason why they are liked. They don't call their fans customers like man utd do and are more a part of the city of Liverpool.

Of course none of these British clubs match the influence of Barcelona or Real Madrid who are integral parts of their cities and are fully democratic, with the fans being the owners :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Have a Ronaldinho one in my dresser too. I haven't been able to find a place that has Liverpool jerseys in Canada though. :(

I found this one in USA:

http://worldsoccershop.com/shop-by-team-li...%29&match_type=

If I find a Canadian site I'll let you know.

You hit the nail on the head with that post Chronus. It always seemed to me though, that around the world, Man U, Madrid, Barca was the most popular, as I see these shirts almost everyday in downtown Toronto, but rarely saw Liverpool ones. I'll probably wait until I go to Hong Kong in July to look for them, as HK has a large amount of sporting stores, which do sell genuine goods.

You know, everytime I think about what I wear, I always think about what watch I could have bought with that money. So many shirts. I have a number of designer jeans, some which are upwards of $200, and some casual longsleeve shirts, sweaters which are over $100. I probably could have brought myself another Royal Oak with all the money I spent on clothes in the last few years. :( But on an interesting note, despite the fact I wear a suit everyday at work, I wear cheap ones from generic stores, I could never stand to pay for an Armani suit or the likes.

You hit the nail on the head with that post Chronus. It always seemed to me though, that around the world, Man U, Madrid, Barca was the most popular, as I see these shirts almost everyday in downtown Toronto, but rarely saw Liverpool ones. I'll probably wait until I go to Hong Kong in July to look for them, as HK has a large amount of sporting stores, which do sell genuine goods.

You know, everytime I think about what I wear, I always think about what watch I could have bought with that money. So many shirts. I have a number of designer jeans, some which are upwards of $200, and some casual longsleeve shirts, sweaters which are over $100. I probably could have brought myself another Royal Oak with all the money I spent on clothes in the last few years. :( But on an interesting note, despite the fact I wear a suit everyday at work, I wear cheap ones from generic stores, I could never stand to pay for an Armani suit or the likes.

I wear soccer jerseys to work (I work in finance!) and no one says anything. Everupme else wears a shirt or suit, but hey I'm smarter than them :D I'm always the one fixing their f*** ups.

Liverpool missed a trick, they arent as marketing-mad as man ure, Real Madrid or Barcelona. There is a lot of money to be made, but the team (like Madrid and Barca) are about winning and any profit goes into the team usually. man ure profits go to Malcolm Glazer, owner of Tampa Bay Buccaneers... it's all about making money for them, not love of the game. Even Chelsea (who are accused of buying success) are not making a profit but trying to make a successful team. Arsenal are similar too, they play great football though. This year the best to watch has been Barcelona though. How can you not admire Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi, Deco and co ? I have a Barca shirt I got in their stadium with my name on it (in 2001), as well as recent ones like Ronaldinho and Deco. The only English team shirt I have is one England national team, and a bunch of Liverpool shirts - the quality of recent years' Reebok Liverpool shirts used far superior materia that felt like good quality comparedl to the paper-like Nike ones :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unless you get a Nike jersey from South America, I had some Boca Juniors shirts shipped from Argentina, much better quality!

Ah, you see, it's hard for me to wear casual to work, since I normally have to meet clients, and I have to impress them with what I wear, and especially what watch I wear. But, on weekends, evenings, and days-off, there's no freaking way I'm wearing a suit! That's one advantage of being on jury duty right now, I can wear anything I want and no one will give a damn anyways, we were told to observe "proper courtroom attire", but to hell with that.

And really, i never liked how they would put sponsors on the jerseys themselves, that's why I normally opt for national jerseys.

But to be honest, this year I have been pretty slow in keeping up with football. Haven't watched a game on TV in weeks, and I may even miss large parts of the WC, as it will conincide with ending of jury duty, and I should be expected to be sequestered for 4 or 5 days, and when I get back to work, there will be so much to clear up before I can go to Hong Kong on July 15th.

And Real Madrid, I would agree that they are acting like a marketing machine........ You know why they selected Beckham over Ronaldinho........... Marketability, nothing else, if they as a team really wanted to improve themselves, the obivous choice would have been Ronaldinho.

Football has become so commercial these days, and yet we continue to gobble it up anyways. :)

Oh BTW, I also do own a couple of hockey jerseys, mostly Toronto Maple Leaf ones, how could I live in Toronto without one? ;)

Ah, you see, it's hard for me to wear casual to work, since I normally have to meet clients, and I have to impress them with what I wear, and especially what watch I wear. But, on weekends, evenings, and days-off, there's no freaking way I'm wearing a suit! That's one advantage of being on jury duty right now, I can wear anything I want and no one will give a damn anyways, we were told to observe "proper courtroom attire", but to hell with that.

And really, i never liked how they would put sponsors on the jerseys themselves, that's why I normally opt for national jerseys.

But to be honest, this year I have been pretty slow in keeping up with football. Haven't watched a game on TV in weeks, and I may even miss large parts of the WC, as it will conincide with ending of jury duty, and I should be expected to be sequestered for 4 or 5 days, and when I get back to work, there will be so much to clear up before I can go to Hong Kong on July 15th.

And Real Madrid, I would agree that they are acting like a marketing machine........ You know why they selected Beckham over Ronaldinho........... Marketability, nothing else, if they as a team really wanted to improve themselves, the obivous choice would have been Ronaldinho.

Football has become so commercial these days, and yet we continue to gobble it up anyways. :)

Oh BTW, I also do own a couple of hockey jerseys, mostly Toronto Maple Leaf ones, how could I live in Toronto without one? ;)

Yes, if I had to meet clients it would probably be the same for me, but on those days there were no meetings I would be casual :D

As for Beckham to Madrid, I thought the same thing at that time... "Ronaldinho is too ugly for Madrid" remember that? Still, Beckham is not the problem, he is probably their best player now, the most consistent and hard-working... the problem is the laziness of players like Ronaldo (how many cheeseburgers *does* he eat?), as well as all the manager changes and so on.

Look at how Ronaldinho turned down man ure as well... why play for a team and manager like that, when he won't be restricted in a team like Barcelona? The only team in England who would give him the freedom he needs is possibly Arsenal. Almost everyone plays within a cleary-defined structure.

Try to see the World Cup, it ends first week of July, so maybe you will be able to. Or at least watch the highlights. I take it you are from Hong Kong, I hear that place is great. A friend of mine went there and China with his girlfriend, and was lucky that his uncle or someone let them take over an empty house to stay in. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm not a big fan of replica clothing, as it usually just doesn't fit properly and the thread count is typically rather low. When I lived in Thailand I used to go out and buy new clothes instead of doing laundry, because I could buy shirts for like $2 each. I ended up with a bunch of fake DC shoes tshirts because I was too lazy to do my laundry.

On another note, one of my watch selling friends is also involved in the replica sneaker market =) I've got a few pairs of Diesel knock offs which aren't TOO bad in quality:

25306-1093.jpg

I picked up several pairs of Jeans a few months back in Singapore (actually the only replica items I saw the whole time there) and there are very very well made. Armani, Versace, and CK branded. All around $25 approximatly.

The sizes are all over the place though, I have 30, 32 and 36 inch and they all fit!! They fit a feel just like the real thing though which surprised me. Had to try a whole load on before buying

If anyone wants the Singapore location PM me.