When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Panerai (PAM 00164) with pics

kstja0

As promised in an earlier post, I'll show you my first Panerai. The PAM 00164. I've ordered this one from Andrew together with a Panerai Buckle.

The strap I ordered from Bob. This straps looks a lot like the one you can find on the Panerai website.

As this is my first "real" replica I was a bit concerned about the quality. So ordered the cheapest I could find with the asian automatic movenment.

But I was astound with the quality! The next one will be..... (again a Panerai). One of the biggest flaws is the magnifying glass (fish eye) for the

date indicator. It is way to small.... although I can read from it : ). Still I'm very happy with it!

MOVEMENT: Asian Automatic 21J

CASE DIAMETER: 44mm

THICKNESS: 14mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Numerals

CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Black Leather Band

FRONT GLASS: Synthetic Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid Case Back

BEZEL: Polished Smooth Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Tang Buckle

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position

Here are the pics:

post-6334-1179589496_thumb.jpg

post-6334-1179589506_thumb.jpg

post-6334-1179589513_thumb.jpg

post-6334-1179589522_thumb.jpg

Edited by kstja0

• 1 month later...

I got my 164 from Andrew yesterday. No problems with customs - it made its way right through on my wrist in Germany. :D

After unpacking I was very astonished to see the bezel brushed and not polished on my watch.

Andrew stated that he did not know, that the maker changed bezels... And he will give a compensation for being not as it should be :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I like it as it is! I am not the guy for 100% authenticity - the watch hast to look good overall. So I will keep it as it is.

Ole

The 164 is a nice model and a close cousin of one of my favourites, the 104.

I bet this watch will be your daily beater for quite a long time. It keeps great time, and it has one of the best lume around.

Yes, the date is a step back, but I still hope that sooner or later Asian 21J correct datewheels (or stickers) will make their apppearance. Then we'll have a very very good PAM -- not a base model or so -- at less than 150 bucks. Awesome!

In the meanwhile, welcome to the PAM madness! This is not going to be your last PAM.

Yes, I fell in love with the Pannies about 2 yars ago. Had several reps since then. First experiences with real crap...

But I mostly like automatics, because I had one handwinder which I had only problems with (stopped when cg closed) and finally I overwound it.

Actually I have 4 nice reps all with auto movements - not 100% authentic - but all looking good and running well.

270094-3723.jpg

270094-3724.jpg

270094-3725.jpg

270094-3726.jpg

The second addiction are the straps - my mostly loved straps are the GeF Cordovans as you see them in pic 1 & 2.

I have them in all 3 colours...

Cheers, Ole

• 2 years later...

As promised in an earlier post, I'll show you my first Panerai. The PAM 00164. I've ordered this one from Andrew together with a Panerai Buckle.

The strap I ordered from Bob. This straps looks a lot like the one you can find on the Panerai website.

nice looking combo.enjoy!