When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I remove the crown from my Radiomir

Tom

So, before I start I have searched the forum and all of The Zigmeister's posts about this and can't find it. It must be so easy and obvious there is not even a post.

I have tried and failed to find this myself so here goes.

I need to remove my Radiomir crown to have it PVD blasted. I have had a quick look through a loupe but can't see an obvious answer as to how it is attached.

Is it screwed in and held with some kind of fixer? I was going to heat the crown to loosen the glue and then hold the stem with some needle nose pliers while twisting the crown off.

I am worried its going to snap though so please advise me wise men...

Cheers guys (and maybe gals?)

Edited by Tom

This is how the crown comes out on my SMP , there is a little button located right by the crown tube that you depress and then just simply pull it out (of coarse you would have to remove the crown guard first ) most work this way but I don't own a Pam so sorry if this info is wrong ..

Zed

251052-7589.jpg

On a Unitas 6497, there is a small set screw on the back plate that is in close proximity to the stem. This screw needs to be unthreaded a few turns (but not completely) and the stem/crown can be pulled from the movement. Once you have the stem/crown out, you can pin-vice it and unthread the crown.

I'll try and see if I can dig up pics of said set screw... Though I bet someone will probably beat me to it...