When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i won a watch winder on ebay this weekend! woohoo

cableguy

I have a similiar one only the 8 + 12 model. Works great, only the spots fill up fast and its hard to decide which watches to keep on the winder. I try to keep all my chronos and day dates wound all the time. It's about time for another box for me. I hate buying a new box because I can't stand having an empty slot. What a dilemma.

Yes be caregul whith the watches next to eachother on the winder. They tend to shift while it turns and I learned the hard way you can end up with a nasty scratch on the case. What I do is stagger the watches crowns to the outside and make sure they are pushed to the opposite sides of the sleeve that holds the watch. Push them in tight as they are only held by pressure and you shouldnt have a problem.

I wish someone would make a winder, even a cheap disposable one, that would handle bracelet watches. Everything seems to cater to watches on straps that can be snugged way down in size. A bracelet watch for a large wristed wearer will flop around in a winder.

I don't have a winder...yet...seeing as how I just ordered my first watch. But couldn't you stick a pad under the watch to take up the slack? Not ideal and I don't know how much slack there may be depending on your wrist size, but I'm thinking that might work. Or not...

One issue I have with cheaper (Ebay) winders is the lack of a built-in timer. My GF recently purchased a replacement for my 2+2 winder. The new one can wind 12 watches at one time. But, similar to my old winder, it has a simple on/off switch. I dont want to overwind my babies! I thought about using a simple wall timer....like the kind you would use for a lamp. I could set it to come on twice a day for a minute or two. What are your thoughts fellas?

A

uummm....i don't own a watch winder, but i wasn't aware that you could over wind automatic watches.....how would constantly being on a watch winder be different that constantly wearing an automatic watch? :g:

deltatahoe

To be perfectly honest....Im not sure. :cc_confused:

I have read that a watch can be "overwound"....not sure where though. I dont know about you...but my wrist is not constantly moving 100%, 24 hours a day. In any event, I have had other buddies (watch guys) that have had similar ebay winders burn out, most likely from being on 24/7. I just thought a timer would be an ideal solution. :victory: