When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You'd think I'd have been bitten by this bug before...

Antonio

After a year on here, owning a few watches, finally decided to mod one. Or have it modded, really. My beautiful Josh SD is in the capable hands of Flav for a bezel insert replacement (Call me a wimp for not doing it myself, but after seeing Flav's work...). I know he's got a few watches ahead of mine, so I'll wait patiently. Drooling. Dreaming about how great it's gonna look! Thankfully my Bentley GT and SF will keep me sane in the mean time. :2:

I have before pics of the flat original bezel pearl. Will post those with after pics, sourced a much better (still aftermarket) insert.

It was on ebay. I checked here and only found one gen insert, it was scratched and the pearl looked damaged, and it was expensive. The one I found was decent, way better than the standard flat Josh pearl, and under $20. Figured I'd try, looked good in the photos, looked as good in person.

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Got my SD back today from Flav. Beyooootyful!!!!

Before (flat pearl) and after (better pearl, one I'd be seen with, haha!).

Even with Flav's crazy mod workload, he turned this around in days. Grateful for that, and more importantly for the proper job he did. THANKS AGAIN, FLAVOR FLAV!!!

post-2119-1180650104_thumb.jpg

post-2119-1180650114_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the one on the left is the new one. Guess that's the order in which they uploaded, tried to make it the other way. But it should load with the name "before.jpg" and "after.jpg" as well to let you know for sure. The original was so awful that I didn't wear the watch as much as I'd like. Now I'll not worry. I spotted a salesman with a Sub that had the same flat, awful pearl. Easy tell. So much happier now, I love the clean look of the SD. Now it's even better. :thumbsupsmileyanim: