When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How picky is picky?

pwygant

Greetings,

I had to get one of these as well and I must say it looks great. I have had mine now for 24 hrs and I actually noticed a small speck of black dust on the dial. (It looks like a particle and not something wrong with the dial.) I have had fairly good luck over the last few years with watches and I have only had to send a few back, but I am not sure if I am getting pickier or if this is nothing? I am not really great at taking the insides apart and I think I would do more harm than not, but should I let this go?

//Cheers

I received my first Pan with a few speckles of dust under the glass... dissapointing but certainly no reason for a return. You're not picky, but rather just accustomed to 'getting the best possible item for your money'. You have to understand this is not like buying from a conventional store where everything is neat and perfect and made by robots; there will be problems, and while I certainly agree that better quality control should be implemented to reduce cases like yours, I have to go ahead and just say 'deal with it' on this issue. Other members have had other problems, you're definitely not alone... besides, finding a flawless rep is nearly impossible, most have some microscopic defect within them visible only through careful examination....

..while sitting on the can and gazing at your watch for hours!

Just enjoy it, no biggie :)

Corgi

I think that you must remember that these watches are not made in climate controlled state of the art factories. Therefore

I would suggest that either you live with the small imperfections, which like deltahoe suggested can be easily cleaned by

someone skilled, or you contact whomever you purchased it from. Good luck and I hope you can live with it.

I think that you must remember that these watches are not made in climate controlled state of the art factories. Therefore

I would suggest that either you live with the small imperfections, which like deltahoe suggested can be easily cleaned by

someone skilled, or you contact whomever you purchased it from. Good luck and I hope you can live with it.

@ TWP & above

Can't find the speck anymore for some reason. I guess I wiggled my watch and it disappeared into thin air! :p I never really intended to do anything about it as but I just wanted someone to confirm my insanity as I think this obsessive hobby is driving me nuts. :D

//Cheers

I use a can of compressed air. I buy them in a 4-pack at Costco for less than $10. I go through 'em like crazy between all the camera equipment I own and watches I work on. Go to a camera shop and the same can of compressed air is $10 for one can!

@ TWP & above

Can't find the speck anymore for some reason. I guess I wiggled my watch and it disappeared into thin air! :p I never really intended to do anything about it as but I just wanted someone to confirm my insanity as I think this obsessive hobby is driving me nuts. :D

//Cheers

Good thing we have a three day weekend coming up here stateside... ^_^

Wow... if the worst complaint we can have about a new rep is a speck of dust on the dial, we have arrived.

Gentlemen (and the 1 lady who reads these forums... you know who you are) Welcome to the Golden Age. :1a:

Just kidding here @OP. Hop on over to TZ and check out their watchschools... you'll learn a huge amount and be more than willing to uncase and get any other phantom specks out within a week.