When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th generation PO vs Ultimate

cableguy

5th Generation is the same watch as 4th Generation. Paul just calls it "5th" because the Omega logo has been moved 0.1mm upwards. :lol:

It's still the best 42mm PO, but not as good as the UPO. You can read my review of that watch HERE.

Keep in mind that my review was written long before the UPO surfaced. Back then the 4th Gen used to be the best PO rep. I was quite sure that they'd never make better one, but they did. The 4th Gen is still very nice rep.

Edited by By-Tor

As a proud owner of both a UPO (45mm) and a 4th Gen (42.5mm) Po I can say they are both great reps...

By-Tors Omega guide is the root cause of me owning the 4th gen... and buying the 4th gen got me interested enough in Omegas to get a UPO when they were released.

Both watches are beautiful. My 4th gen is now modded lightly with Gen hands and is one of the nicest reps I've ever seen. My UPO on arrival was a bit of a disappointment... fit and finish was a step below the 4th gen. But after a few hours of filing, polishing and a little movement work, My UPO is a great watch too...

I've got a UPO "Lite" enroute from the far east as I type this... I decided to get that so I wouldn't have to risk damage to an insert any time i felt like changing it. I look forward to the Lite UPO, if its Externally as nice as the UPO i'll be thrilled. An ETA swap and Gen hands and I'll be in there.

How much were the gen hands?

For the 42.5mm PO the gen hands cost me less than 50usd from Ofrei, well worth the upgrade.

The Gen dial also is a quick swap in the 4th/5th gen.... but the dial is 200usd, not worth it in my book.

Great advice to visit an AD, i did just that because I too was concerned about the 45 being to big. I received my PO45

from Trusty and I'm glad I went for the 45 as it just sez look at me on your wrist. The quality of product from Trusty and

the way I was dealt with kept informed means I will certainly buy from him agaim....go for the 45 my friend

I haven't owned the 4th gen PO in months, but fortunately I still have these old wristshots. Third pic shows the gap clearly. The gap didn't actually bother me at all... until I got the UPO.

256847-6368.jpg

256847-6369.jpg

256847-6370.jpg