When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona with Lemania (copy) movement (Silix)

Guest sjako

Guest sjako

For me the "modern" Daytona is one of the best looking chronographs around. White gold (or ss) with a white dial just is a perfect combo.

I never bought one due to the potential A7750 running @6 / @9 problems, but what if a Lemania was installed instead:

254537-6668.jpg

254537-6669.jpg

Watch looks fairly accurate (at least as accurate as the other dealers are selling), asked Jay and Angel and they confirmed it was as good as a "normal" 7750 (not looking at the death give-away: see-through caseback :whistling: )

Do any of you guys have this watch (or can spot big differences compared to the regular Daytonas)? What is your opinion on the accuracy?

Cheers!

Sjako.

post-1357-1180436610_thumb.jpg

post-1357-1180436619_thumb.jpg

SAP rules over Oracle.

This daytona definetly sucks...no matter how reliable will be this lemania. Look at the index, they are blueish.

I would suggest you to get the modern daytona from precious time...A recent review has been done...Its a beatiful watch.

While the Lemania/Venus movement (with seconds at 9 and a 'dummy' subdial at 6) is well made and reliable, it is the wrong movement for a modern 1165xx series Daytona (which has the seconds at 6). If you want to go with that movement, I would consider the previous 1652x Daytona or one of the vintage models, all of which had the seconds running at 9.

Otherwise, this is one of the least accurate Daytona reps I have seen in quite a while. I would recommend that you familiarize yourself with the current Daytona at rolex.com and then search out some reviews of the recent Daytona 116520 and 116509 reps elsewhere on this site.