When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TW Best sub Bezel

ori

Hi,

I just bought TW sub and at first I was little bit disappointed because crystal doesn't sit high like other members' subs.

So I just pushed it down with fingers. If I do that, it makes click sound and crystal looks high.

But then bezel goes up again in a minute.

So I disassembled the watch as I learned here trying to fix the bezel and also checking the movement.

It doesn't have a 0-ring inside the watch :thumbdown: (Is it ok without???)

Anyway I put things back together and still bezel doesn't stay down.

How would you fix this to have a nice crystal all the time?

Edited by ori

The best way to increase the crystal height is to remove the insert and peel off the double sided tape (soak the bezel & insert in warm soapy water for around and hour and the insert should come off easily). You can also sand down the insert a bit and reinstall with 5 minute epoxy or similar. The TW insert is shallow so any mass you can remove from the back of the insert helps.

The bezel should click into place and that is a far as it will go. I'm not sure you can do much to adjust this.

The O ring is necessary to keep moisture out of the case. Contact the seller and perhaps he can send one your way. Just stay away from water until one is installed.

Cheers!

tw best's stock bezel insert is more conical than gen's or any aftermarket ones that are spec'd like the gen's. So if you get a decent replacement insert, bingo, instant crystal height. Like jetson said reinstall the stock insert after milling it will give more height as well. The important thing is make the insert sit flush to a little recessed in the bezel because tw best or mbw don't come with insert sitting properly in the bezel. so you almost always need to "clean up" the insert.

as far as your bezel doesn't stay down, it's just a matter of not pushing the bezel far enough in. the tw best doesn't have a wire retaining ring otherwise you could bend it to make it pull the bezel down. but tw best's fit quality is very high. if you push the bezel properly all the way in, it should be flush on the case.

-bk

Thank you for your help.

I am going to look for a nice insert.

hopefully new insert will solve the crytal height problem.

chieftang, 'TW Best' is the one River and Josh are selling as far as I know.

It is different from the old TW sub.

One more question.

I read that noobmariner dial is really good and i am gonna change my dial soon.

Will the cyclop be on the right spot with new dial?

If anyone try it, please let me know!

Thanks

Edited by ori