When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus - you will want to see this

I'm a little ambivalent about vintage PAMS since nobody who knows what they are would believe I would ever own one, and everyone else would think I paid $15 bucks for a flea market beater, but one thing is certain: that watch is a marvel of ingenuity, craftsmanship, and hard work. Everyone here should at the very least go over and check it out.

I understand Archie's POV - but still, they are gorgeous pieces to behold. I passed on the opportunity to pick one up last year - some regret there definitely but lessened by the fact it eventally went to a good home and a very nice gent to boot (reelamore). Not all vintage collectors have 'issues' ;)

Here's some pics almost identical (bar destro config.) to what Enzo is selling - hope you don't mind Gil, I may take that baby off you some day :D

post-115-1180789251_thumb.jpg

post-115-1180789272_thumb.jpg

post-115-1180789292_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work. IMHO, you buy this work for the craftsmanship and movement. It would be silly to pretend this is a gen vintage Panerai. As Arch says there might be 5 guys who would wear it (including Ralph of course). And most likely none of us are one - at least I'm not. And in truth other than a Paneristi convention no one is going to care what it is. You buy this for what it is - a beautiful homage piece with a very cool movement. :)

Work of art it is. Very impressive. In fact, I really like it!

2 drawbacks:

It's a "Panerai".

It is only partially a genuine watch.

For me personally, that kind of money is best spent upon a genuine vintage watch with actual provenance. Like a JLC MKII, Breitling Navitimer 806, Heuer Tri-Compax Autavia, Sinn EZM-1, Benrus Type II, Longines Czech WWII Aviator, Tutima Luftwaffe Flieger, etc...