When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hot: My fully modded PAM196 (7753)

shultz

Hi there ,

I just received my PAM196 daylight (7753) which has been fully modded, too.

I've got just two quick wrist shots but want to share with the forum. Crystal has been singel side ar coated, DW is reprinted, dial and handset relumed with SL C3 and the crown is a 2,1mm palp crown. Watch is running great +2 sec a day! Enjoy my quick wrist shots:

257469-6111.jpg

257469-6112.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Beautiful piece!

I am wearing my 196 as I type this.

It also looks like someone tried to take care of the additional tick mark flaw right next to 12 marker...

Cheers!

nice piece..a must for a serious PAM collector (7753 mvt)....I sold mine a week ago (ASIAN 7750) to a friend..in plan to get the 7753 swiss in the furure....didn't wear it at all, even if it is a beauty...the PALP crown looks so good even if not the right size (too thick)...

wear it well!

Guest Sql_pl

A small OT:

Was just browsing ebay for some watches and found this 196:

257506-6105.jpg

It's funny to see the 6 o'clock subdial hand not reseting correctly in the genuine watch worth 6000 bucks...

Your new baby is looking great. Nice job on the extra tick, too, to whoever did it.

BTW, that pic of the gen shows that the "too thick" crown w/ the rep CG looks proportionate to the OEM crown w/ OEM CG if you look at the space between the the underside of the "bridge" and the top of the crown. The too thick crown + the too big gap in the rep guard nicely fools the eye into saying, "gen." IMO, 2.0-2.1mm crowns are the way to go on the rep guards.

A small OT:

Was just browsing ebay for some watches and found this 196:

257616-6100.jpg

It's funny to see the 6 o'clock subdial hand not reseting correctly in the genuine watch worth 6000 bucks...

Erm - could be wrong here, but:

* 196 has silver hands. These look black (though could be the angle)

* 196 has TACHYMETRE on the bezel. This has TACHYMETER

Strange ........and I agree on the subdial. Looks suspect...

Way too cool. I've got a 188 that's going to get some similar love at the end of the month. I've got a new DW coming, KRUZER sourced OEM crown (he gets all caps now out of respect), updated dial, OEM crown guard. Should also be hot.

Your new baby is looking great. Nice job on the extra tick, too, to whoever did it.

archi, what do you think? :whistling: Of course The Zigmeister did that outstanding work! I asked him for soem retouche besides the lume job. Great result isn't it? :wub:

Guest Sql_pl
Erm - could be wrong here, but:

* 196 has silver hands. These look black (though could be the angle)

* 196 has TACHYMETRE on the bezel. This has TACHYMETER

Strange ........and I agree on the subdial. Looks suspect...

I believe it has silver hands - they look black simply because of the angle of the pic like you mentioned.

As for the Tachymetre and Tachymeter - the one in the pic is from the newest I series where they changed Tachymetre to Tachymeter so it is OK.

It is 100% genuine watch but what is surprising is that it has some problems with a subdial hand that simply slipped like it happens in our reps...

Cheers!

archi, what do you think? :whistling: Of course The Zigmeister did that outstanding work! I asked him for soem retouche besides the lume job. Great result isn't it? :wub:

Fantastic. Of course, I suspected, since there's only one guy on the planet who can do work like that! :thumbsupsmileyanim: