When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

straps done by myself

dadog13

Hi friends...

seems that lately the hobby of strapmaking by forum members has become popular...

two weeks ago, I have done some straps...but only today managed to put my hands on the camera to take some photos...

you'll be the judge of my work...I know they are not perfect, but I find some of them "wearable"....

all the comments are welcome...positive or negative...

tnx!

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

I was in your position a couple of months ago and I will tell you what I have learned through the time...

The more straps you make the better they become... The shape will become better and the stitching will be less time-consuming and more perfect lined...

For first attempts they are very nice..

A great start! Very nice shapes and leathers, great taste too.

tnx for all the comments...much appreciated...

i have to get some additional tools (to do them better) and leather to do more of them...like V said, each new strap you make improves a lot the next one that is still to be done...you always learn how to improve those little things that makes each strap perfect...practice,practice,practice - similar to everything in real life!

:victory:

well done dadog :) I like the leathers but i so miss the stitching. I quess it will be a nice add in near future ;)

When I first posted my tutorial I thought we would have a little boom at star making projects around here, i was wrong, but nowadays I see more and more users doing such lovely straps I am so happy. Theres nothing more pleasant as getting your own strap commented and appriciated from various people. Theres nothing better :) I prefer comments at my own straps than on my watches, really :D Its always a bit of your soul in everything you make on your own.

I could hijack your topic with pictures of mine latest strap but no :p Your straps are lovely and they do deserve their own topic :)

And dont worry, me neither never used any pro tools :) Just home stuff from my drawer :) When strap making aint easy it becomes way more proud to finish :)

Cheers and keep up good work

Kuba