When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone experienced w/ EL lemania (copy) Paul Neuman Daytona?

Craytonic

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I don't think the lemania works at the 6 subdial, I have never owned a lemania for this reason. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure. This replica is not as accurate as the DW I posted, look at the chrono second hand and the bottom sub touches the outer black circle.

Guest overboosted

Yes on the lemania models the 6 oclock subdial is usually running with the hours all the time. Not very accurate but a bullet proof swiss movement compared to 7750s

Guest overboosted

Some people go as far as to "disable" the 6 o clock hand and lock it in place. This works fine and will never be a problem unless you need to use your stopwatch and count hours. But I never really actually use any of my chronos as stopwatches so its a nonissue for me. I would rather have reliability than accuarcy when it come to this issue.

Yes on the lemania models the 6 oclock subdial is usually running with the hours all the time. Not very accurate but a bullet proof swiss movement compared to 7750s

Sigh, so typical of reps. Accuracy vs. Reliability. Shame the new DWs have that 7750 in them apparently. The lemania I had was a workhorse. I have even heard of the swiss 7750s failing. :-(

Some people go as far as to "disable" the 6 o clock hand and lock it in place. This works fine and will never be a problem unless you need to use your stopwatch and count hours. But I never really actually use any of my chronos as stopwatches so its a nonissue for me. I would rather have reliability than accuarcy when it come to this issue.

Great idea! I can't imagine clocking anything over an hour. Even if so its easy to just notice what hour it started on the main watch.

I've had it- Nice watch overall, but it has some flaws. Just a quick few from memory-

-20mm lugs (should be 19mm)

-Symmetric pusher spacing

-Pushers do not actually screw down (but have the appearance of being screw down)

-Bezel is incorrect

There are a few more, but you get the point.

Still, a nice watch, and the Venus inside is indeed a true work horse!

Of course, my favorite 'out-of-the-box' rep is still the DW with the V23 copy movement. Sure, the 6:00 is frozen, and doesn't work, but unlike the 7750, the mystery copy movement has correct subdial spacing, and beats slower (21600bph), which is closer to genuine (19800bph).

28303-380.jpg

28303-381.jpg

28303-382.jpg

28303-383.jpg

28303-384.jpg

The ultimate, however would be a 6263 built from a case kit using a true V72 :)

Wow wow wow nice pics. I think I need a paper towel. Woudn't need the hour subdial to time that one. I read your previous reviews of the DW, very informative. The one luckyyy has over at the DS is amazing as well.

The black benz really adds something. I really appreciate all the info you have provided on this particuar watch. Now they just need a good steve mcQueen rep (I tried on the re-released gen in ATL, they had broken the crystal! Still refused to give me a good deal or replace it).

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has bought one of these. Really nice looking watch. According to his ad it is a 1:1 case, just curious how the movement is holding up w/ all the subdials and resetting. I can see it beating a little slower than the 7750 based versions though.

post-76-1145404933.jpg

It is a Swiss lemania or a Chinese copy of the lemania?

Which is a better movement? The Chinese 7750 or Chinese Venus?

Depends what you mean by "better."

Venus IMHO. Never heard of one dying, and if did you could probably service it. 7750s die all the time... The Zigmeister won't even touch the new ones any more!

Venus can be a little jumpy (mine was). I think The Zigmeister has a thread on it somewhere... or at least there was at once.

I think Ziggy's had a change of heart with the new 7750's- Vast improvements have been made, and he has noted an overall improvement in their construction, build and parts quality.

But if it's relating to which is better for a vintage Daytona... I'd take neither. I'll stick with my finicky, unreliable V23 copy movement :lol: It might be unreliable, but it's more 'correct' for the watch in terms of appearance and character.

*shrug*

Depends what you mean by "better."

Venus IMHO. Never heard of one dying, and if did you could probably service it. 7750s die all the time... The Zigmeister won't even touch the new ones any more!

Venus can be a little jumpy (mine was). I think The Zigmeister has a thread on it somewhere... or at least there was at once.

"Venus IMHO. Never heard of one dying" this is better! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

"The Zigmeister won't even touch the new ones any more!" this is NO GOOD! :thumbdown:

I think The Zigmeister's had a change of heart with the new 7750's- Vast improvements have been made, and he has noted an overall improvement in their construction, build and parts quality.

But if it's relating to which is better for a vintage Daytona... I'd take neither. I'll stick with my finicky, unreliable V23 copy movement :lol: It might be unreliable, but it's more 'correct' for the watch in terms of appearance and character.

*shrug*

What is the point of having a "correct" watch when it does not tell time? :)

I think Ziggy's had a change of heart with the new 7750's- Vast improvements have been made, and he has noted an overall improvement in their construction, build and parts quality.

*shrug*

Heh... Just read Zig's latest post on the Asian 7750's.... I stand corrected! :lol:

I think The Zigmeister's had a change of heart with the new 7750's- Vast improvements have been made, and he has noted an overall improvement in their construction, build and parts quality.

*shrug*

I remember him saying that, but also hating them in the new daytonas (http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=2805)

Like that v23 eh? Like your women that way too, finicky, unreliable, but great subdials I bet? :thumbsupsmileyanim: Good taste.