When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long your serviced Daytona last...my Daytona 116509@6sec

rckh

Almost 6 months ago I purchase my first first dream rep in my life; Daytona 116509 BLK dial @6sec. No luck for my watch it just last 2 weeks & start to stop 3~4 times a day. My local dealer was arrested by custom after my purhcase.....Lost hope & think I just wasted HKD$3000 for a BEAUTIFUL piece of junk.

I found this RWG several months before ; after long time study & I finally understand the problem (also improve my knowlegde in watch). With luck I found a local watchsmith who fix & maintain most famous Gen watch. Last week I take my watch to him for checking; he recommend me to service my watch for HKD$800.-. 2 Days ago I got my watch back & wear for 2 days. Seems after servicing watch run more accurate +/-2 sec a day & smooth than before. I don't know how long will it may last as it got potential problem of the extra gears. Hope it will last long!

Is there any one would like to share after servicing their Daytona@6sec, how long yours Daytona last?

Sorry for my terrible english.... :p

rckh

Edited by rckh

Congratulations on the new Daytona and welcome.

I had a similar problem with my 116509 (silver dial) -- after 2 days, the watch stopped running & and crown was very hard to turn. I suspected a problem with the main spring and the seller had me return it to his watchmaker in China. The watch was returned to me 3 weeks later. That was about 4 months ago and the watch has been running +/- 2 secs ever since. I wind the watch once every week, but I rarely wear it, so my experience might not be the same for someone who wears their Daytona every day.

Good luck and enjoy your new watch.