When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

thought this was amusing...

cableguy

these guys make a watch winder CLOSET that holds 50 watches....for the small sum of $65,000 USD. lol

I don't get the incredibly expensive consumer cost of some of the high end winders. I saw a 12 watch winder/display case made from beautiful Indian Rosewood with quality mechanics for.....$9900?????? What the hell? I can buy a Kia Rio with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty for that much. I guess it's luxury item price gouging. If you have 12 high end automatic watches to wind, then they figure 10K on a winder is a drop in the bucket.

I wish someone made a quality winder that fell in a nice grey zone pricewise between the absolute crap from outfits like gadgetbestbuy and the off the charts stuff. Given what goes into a DC motor and some quality gearing, I would think someone could give us Orbita quality for less than $125 a watch.

I wish someone made a quality winder that fell in a nice grey zone pricewise between the absolute crap from outfits like gadgetbestbuy and the off the charts stuff.

Huge 2nd!

I really dont care about Uber good quality when it comes to the wood used to make the box. All I want is a nice looking box with QUALITY motor and gears! Ah...a built-in timer would also be nice. :thumbsupsmileyanim: