When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does it tick?

anton

Someone from the General Public made my day as I was coming home from work. This person liked the 116520 I had on and asked to see it. Even held it in his hand and said the following things and tell you all the GP is ill-informed about this type of replica market:

HIM: "Wow, it's hefty and it moves so smoothly. I don't know why people still buy knockoffs when even people like me could spot it a mile away. "

ME: "Really? How?"

HIM: "Simple. The seconds hand ticks like a Timex. And the fake gold looks so...fake."

I smiled to myself. :D

Simple. The seconds hand ticks like a Timex. And the fake gold looks so...fake

The 116520 is all SS. Is he so stupid to think it was white gold plated or did you get the model number wrong?

As fro the ticking issue I have heard that many times. I was wearing a GENUINE Persident circa 1981. The movent in the older rolex models don't have as high a beat as the newer ones and some schmuck told me it was fake. Idiots.

Even with the ETA movements you have a little jump from time to time but that is the case with all auto movements. The people that think they are the brightest are usually the most misinfomed.

The 116520 is all SS. Is he so stupid to think it was white gold plated or did you get the model number wrong?

As fro the ticking issue I have heard that many times. I was wearing a GENUINE Persident circa 1981. The movent in the older rolex models don't have as high a beat as the newer ones and some schmuck told me it was fake. Idiots.

Even with the ETA movements you have a little jump from time to time but that is the case with all auto movements. The people that think they are the brightest are usually the most misinfomed.

The 'feller' (note I didn't say 'fellow') I had a conversation with was referring to a past experience he had on the subway when he saw someone wearing a DJ and it was ticking.

Just another testament to the fact that all the work (mods, tweaks, etc..) is probably all unnecessary except for .01% of the population. the other 99.99% could not spot most of the current reps right out of the box. Guess that's why this is just a hobby ;)

But it is that 1 out of 100 who ends up seated next to you in a restaurant that may call you out after spotting your fake dial, crown or pearl -- each of which can easily be spotted several feet away

260157-5604.jpg

And these are the types of guys that keep modders up late at night (sanding, filing, polishing & planning the next set of mods).

But it is that 1 out of 100 who ends up seated next to you in a restaurant that may call you out after spotting your fake dial, crown or pearl -- each of which can easily be spotted several feet away

260181-5600.jpg

And these are the types of guys that keep modders up late at night (sanding, filing, polishing & planning the next set of mods).

LOL...I hear you..after probably 6 different subs over the last few years I finally have an MBW which I plan to start modding... just as soon as I figure out exactly which way I am going to go with it.

It's probably more like 1 in a 1,000,000 or at least 1 in a 100,000 though that has as much time on their hands to try to "catch" us as we do to try and fool them ;)

But it is that 1 out of 100 who ends up seated next to you in a restaurant that may call you out after spotting your fake dial, crown or pearl -- each of which can easily be spotted several feet away.

:bones: Be glad I'm not sitting within a 30ft radius of your rep :bones: