When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

yachtmaster bezel fell off!

arminvanbuuren

hi i was washing the dishes before wearing my "perfect" yachtmaster from andrew.. and the bezel suddenly fell off.. so i followed an intructions from a poster in this board on how to put a bezel back on.. so i put it back on using some glue (from the post that it said you have to glue the bezel back together).. however now the glue is dried and the bezel is stuck there forever :S.. does anyone know what the problem is? why is it like this :S.. the bezel wouldnt turn clockwise nor anticlockwise blah :S anyway i can make this work again? or its permanently like that? :)

GeeZ armin , you said it was a "Bezel Insert" and not a whole bezel ???

The bezel should have just snapped back on , if not it was defective from the start ...

You will need to remove the old bezel and remove all the glue and snap it back on but it does sound like you might ruin the watch trying to get it off ..

Any pics ??

Zed

GeeZ armin , you said it was a "Bezel Insert" and not a whole bezel ???

The bezel should have just snapped back on , if not it was defective from the start ...

You will need to remove the old bezel and remove all the glue and snap it back on but it does sound like you might ruin the watch trying to get it off ..

Any pics ??

Zed

ok ok the bezel insert fell off! i glued it back on.. but now the WHOLE bezel wouldnt turn.. lol must've been the glue getting inside the bezel.. lol... man im such a clown arent i.. first breitling is dead second i ruined a "perfect" yachtmaster

Possibly not.

See if you can slide a razor blade or thin, sharp (UNserrated) knife between the bottom of the bezel and the top of the case. Unless the glue you used was metal epoxy, you should be able to gently coax it back off. Once removed, you will need to clean all of the glue off both the case and the bezel. Depending on the type of glue, denatured alcohol (mineral spirits) should work. DO NOT GET ANY ON NON-METAL PARTS.

Once everything is clean, you DO want to use glue to attach the bezel insert to the inside of the bezel. Do this with the bezel OFF the watch and be sure the glue is completely dry before you refit the bezel on the case again.