When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full ceramic Hublot

Mickey Padge

I wonder if it will be expensive :p

http://www.perfectclones88.com/0188-p-2977.html

Probably will be, but, it won't work any better than the others as long as that A7750 is in it. It's like buying a 7 series BMW with a four cylinder engine that has burnt valves and worn out rings. All it would do is look pretty but blow smoke.

Guest Sql_pl

So the black Magic is here. Nice.

They even repped the smooth strap:

261737-5263.jpg

But I do not know which model is that. Did they want it to look like Ice Bang with that SS bezel?

Sometimes it pays to wait...the Black Magic and the 2007 CD (no rec room paneling on the back)....My take-the-kids-to-the-pool watches for this summer.

BTW...let's hope they're using existing dials just for the pics of both ceramic BB's--both are wrong for their respecive models by a wide margin, although I bet it wouldn't be hard to remove, paint, and replace the numbers on the Black Magic.

ON Edit: What are the odds that they used Ti on the Black Magic?

don't get too excited the case on the Ice Bang and the Black Magic is made out of PVD coated SS rather than ceramics like the real one - you can easily tell the difference when you touch it and it also looks quite different - the best versions are still the regular SS HBB, the SS HBB with ceramics bezel and the Mellow Yellow

So the black Magic is here. Nice.

They even repped the smooth strap:

261857-5245.jpg

But I do not know which model is that. Did they want it to look like Ice Bang with that SS bezel?

Maciek - this is supposed to be the Ice Bang - but the Tantalum bezel on the gen is darker than the SS used on the rep

Having had a good look over the pictures I'm fairly sure the new black case parts are actually made from steel with a glossy PVD type treatment, and not real ceramic like the bezel is. Check out the clasp, it would clearly be made from steel and not ceramic but has the same type of finish.

Am I imagining this? What does everyone else think?

don't get too excited the case on the Ice Bang and the Black Magic is made out of PVD coated SS rather than ceramics like the real one - you can easily tell the difference when you touch it and it also looks quite different - the best versions are still the regular SS HBB, the SS HBB with ceramics bezel and the Mellow Yellow

Having had a good look over the pictures I'm fairly sure the new black case parts are actually made from steel with a glossy PVD type treatment, and not real ceramic like the bezel is. Check out the clasp, it would clearly be made from steel and not ceramic but has the same type of finish.

Am I imagining this? What does everyone else think?

if I am not mistaken I already confirmed this :bicycle::whistling: - I know for a fact from one of our dealers ;)

I wonder why case ceramics are so much more difficult or expensive versus the bezel?

In any case it reinforces my satisfaction with the Mellow Yellow. I will be revealing mine with a nice surprise in a couple of weeks when I am back in country and can snap a few pics. ;)

it is my understanding that the tooling and manufacturing of ceramic parts is quite complicated/expensive - Angus told me that the makers would not do it since the case also consists of several parts, unlike let's say the Chanel

I agree on the Mellow Yellow - here is mine :-)

262124-5180.jpg

262124-5181.jpg

262124-5182.jpg

262124-5183.jpg

262124-5184.jpg

I wonder why case ceramics are so much more difficult or expensive versus the bezel?

In any case it reinforces my satisfaction with the Mellow Yellow. I will be revealing mine with a nice surprise in a couple of weeks when I am back in country and can snap a few pics. ;)

It would be cool if you could sport that HBB when we meet! I already know which watch I'm going to wear

Probably will be, but, it won't work any better than the others as long as that A7750 is in it. It's like buying a 7 series BMW with a four cylinder engine that has burnt valves and worn out rings. All it would do is look pretty but blow smoke.

Huh? Are you telling us to get the "Real 7-series" AKA, the real deal instead? You're in the wrong forum pal :rolleyes:

In the rep world, all we're gonna get is a "7-series" outer bodied watch, and god knows what kind of engine.... whatever kind it is, it's still not the "7-series" engine...

That all-ceramic one is a beaut... yummy

Yes on the Mellow Yellow. Look at the link in my post up above. I have been to the store who commissioned it, examined the gen and actually chatted with the owners. It turns out it is very easy to commission an exclusive in the gen world. Simply commit to 20 pieces and decide how big you want the exclusive to ultimately be. In that case it is 99 pieces. They did 20 on the first run and have sold more since.