When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first attempt modding CG's

vmena

My first attempt modding CG's, made in a TTK's noobmariner case... I know, nothing to be proud of, but as I said, first try :) Please, criticize as much as you want :D ... but tips and suggestions are also welcomed!

I'm no expert having only done one myself, but if you get very fine sandpaper and a dremel with a polishing wheel, you can get a perfect finish. Here's my first attempt:

261681-5272.jpg

Note the reflections on the near-mirror finish :D

What you are doing is difficult and more power to you. But I always thought to get this right someone should have put the exact dimensions of the crown guard from a gen on the table. Exact inner dimensions, thicknesses, heights, cambers and angles. Does everybody do this by eye? It would make me go blind trying to do this with out specs.

Looks like it is polishing time for your project. Make sure to show the final results.

Good luck.

Usil

Nice! Lets see the final result.

Thanks Manuel, and thanks everybody for you comments... I forgot pointing that what you see is before polishing, just after using an iron file. I will use the dremel tomorrow. @Pug... yours is pretty good to be first time.

This is a comparation of gen and TTK's noobmariner CG's before modding.

261715-5269.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of having a beer with vmena yesterday.

He is very excited about this project and he is commiting to buy swiss tools in order to achieve better results.

Plus a pair of watches that are on the way to his hands to be modded..

Please keep us updated.