When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the difference between

acesup_11

What is the difference between trustywayguys rolex (BEST) MBW(where can you find them) and joshua rolex's im looking at getting a submariner two toned but blue face but dont want the band to turn my wrist colors it will be a daily wearing watch so i guess who carries the best rolex's i already bought a daytona just for show from joshua who has unbelievable customer service and i bought a pam from him to with a carbon face but the rolex hands don't sweep at all and i really want a sweeping rolex other than that the rolex is unbelievable and the pam is great joshua is the man but i need a daily watch for when i talk to clients. So your inputs would be great. I heard there is no more franken rolex's out there i heard they are unbelieveable (or very believeable) :p so anything help you can give me to support my addiction please help me out. Also where can i get a nice case to display all my watches and where can i get a watch winder sorry about the questions im kinda knew but eager to learn. I have a very busy schedule and not alot of time for research thanksa lot guys

ok not the best rolex i guess which is more genuine i here that the MBW is the best but trustywatchguy said its just a name when i asked him so i would like your opinions and actually i may get a yachtmaster rolesium i kinda like that one too but i always wanted to get a blue faced TT wanna be a daily wearable watch so i guess i could be who has the best rolex rep not the best sub :whistling:

What is the difference between trustywayguys rolex (BEST) MBW(where can you find them) and joshua rolex's im looking at getting a submariner two toned but blue face but dont want the band to turn my wrist colors it will be a daily wearing watch so i guess who carries the best rolex's i already bought a daytona just for show from joshua who has unbelievable customer service and i bought a pam from him to with a carbon face but the rolex hands don't sweep at all and i really want a sweeping rolex other than that the rolex is unbelievable and the pam is great joshua is the man but i need a daily watch for when i talk to clients. So your inputs would be great. I heard there is no more franken rolex's out there i heard they are unbelieveable (or very believeable) :p so anything help you can give me to support my addiction please help me out. Also where can i get a nice case to display all my watches and where can i get a watch winder sorry about the questions im kinda knew but eager to learn. I have a very busy schedule and not alot of time for research thanksa lot guys

Uh, you have a busy schedule and not a lot of time to research, but are buying a fake Rolex to see your clients?

First off, we all don't have the time to do your research for you. It's a hobby. Doing the research is part of the fun. If you are so busy and don't have time to do research on reps, then walk into an AD with your platinum card and buy a genuine :yeah:

Second, even a cursory amount of critical thinking would tell you that; if one dealer had "the best Rolex" then we would all buy our watches from that one dealer and the others would be out of business.

Do some research. Find out at least what makes a second hand sweep, and that Rolex has no monopoly on a sweeping second hand. Then after doing some research so you have a clue what you are talking about, ask intelligent questions and anyone on any hobby forum will be willing to help you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey ace,

First, if you have already purchased from Joshua, why not ask him if he has/can get what you're looking for?

Second, I fully agree that you should do some research so you know what you're talking about. It doesn't take all that much time, and if a client asks about you're TT Sub, you'll have some actual knowledge you can lay on them.

That said, the Subs that our trusted dealers carry are all very good, but thay all have their flaws . . . they're reps, not gens. It comes down to which flaws YOU can live with, not which ones someone else can, someone elses opinion may not be the same as yours. The gold plated ones are suppose to stand up to wear very well, as well as a gen plated watch. A lot of the dealers can also get solid 14k, and possibly solid 18k in the mid links crowns and bezels. Plus, if you are willing to pay the price, you can get your Sub modded to suit your wants.

Display & winders, quickest/cheapest go to Ebay.

Also, the MBWs, Maria's Best Watch, are being sold by a fellow who lists on TRC & RWI who calls himself Luckyyy. The true MBWs are reps of vintage watches, the vintage Subs being the most well known & most sought after. He also has a general policy of NOT selling to newbies, which he recently restated after a naise-like experience with another one again.

Brian

ok i apologize i understand what you are saying about being educated. the reason i am kinda of scared is because the pam that i ordered from joshua (who has great customer service and nice watches he is great to deal with) has a asian movement not a swiss like he said it would have. I have a watch guy local who looks takes care of a couple of my gens he fixes watches for a living he is pretty good he works on a lot of rollies and i showed him the pam and he said the outside looks pretty good he just popped open the back and said there is no way this is a swiss movement. i probably should have asked him to explain and i probably will when i get a chance. So that is why im looking and asking to see if you know who has what im looking for. i dont want to spend another 800 and not get what i want which is a 90-95% rep with a swiss movement. I know your are probably going to pick apart my post but im just ranting at this point. From what i have read luckyyy seems to be the way to go. So im sorry that i asked newbie questions but i guess we were all uninformed from the start ;)

Hey ace,

Not saying that your watch guy doesn't know what he's talking about, but if Joshua said it's a Swiss movement, I'd kind of believe it does have an ETA inside. BTW, the ETA in your watch will NOT look the same as a genuine Rollie, but still is a Swiss ETA automatic movement. Can you pop the back off & get a pic & post it? I'm sure the folks who are far more knowledgeable than me will be able to tell you right away, and I would think that Joshua would be rather upset at his supplier if HE finds out he's not getting what he paid for, and advertises as such.

Brian