When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

130/80 5mm strap too long for 7" wrist?

Jumbie

I've never worn a leather strap before so kind of new to this.

I've read some strap-sizing guides and it seems like it would be too big but the hopeful part of me says that it isn't much difference from 125/75 (suggested) given the thickness of the strap.

PAM 112 44mm.

Stainless bracelet usually worn higher up on my wrist loose enough to stick 1 finger under. Can just barely stick two fingers under when it's right at the bottom of my wrist. Not loose enough to spin 360 degrees on my wrist n either position. Actually, it can when at the bottom but I have to do it. Doesn't spin on its own, I mean.

Thanks.

Edited by Jumbie

Depends on the strap mate and how close to the lugs is the first hole.

For example for a PAV you would have probably to open two new holes but for a Simona it would fit you probably perfect..

Okay thanks for the reply guys. Don't think I want too much tail so going to have to consider if I want to risk it.

I like my straps long. My wrist is slightly thicker than yours and I usually try to wear 135x80 or 135x85 straps. I just prefer the look. One thing to make sure of is that the hole spacing is as minimal as possible. Take a look at http://www.vintagerstraps.com to get an idea of what I mean. Micah spaces his holes nice and tight, making it easy to find a comfortable fit.

I like my straps long. My wrist is slightly thicker than yours and I usually try to wear 135x80 or 135x85 straps. I just prefer the look. One thing to make sure of is that the hole spacing is as minimal as possible. Take a look at http://www.vintagerstraps.com to get an idea of what I mean. Micah spaces his holes nice and tight, making it easy to find a comfortable fit.

Thanks chieftang.

In the end, I decided against it. Hopefully I don't regret the decision.

For what it's worth it was a Crazy Horse strap for $100 shipped. Pretty decent price cause the guy said he only wore it about a dozen or so times.

However, I did some approximations on my wrist with some paper cutouts (hey, one's got to improvise heheheh) and I think it will be a but too much tail for me. I tend to be a little bit more conservative in my style of dress. Don't know if that applies to strap length but I'm not sure if I want a lot of extra strap coming up the side of my wrist.

I was actually on Vintager Straps the other day checking them out but looks like the website's closed. However, even according to his FAQ, he suggests 6.6" - 7.0" = 125/75

I think I will stick with those guidelines for my first strap and branch out from there if I decide I would like something longer.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Thanks chieftang.

In the end, I decided against it. Hopefully I don't regret the decision.

For what it's worth it was a Crazy Horse strap for $100 shipped. Pretty decent price cause the guy said he only wore it about a dozen or so times.

However, I did some approximations on my wrist with some paper cutouts (hey, one's got to improvise heheheh) and I think it will be a but too much tail for me. I tend to be a little bit more conservative in my style of dress. Don't know if that applies to strap length but I'm not sure if I want a lot of extra strap coming up the side of my wrist.

I was actually on Vintager Straps the other day checking them out but looks like the website's closed. However, even according to his FAQ, he suggests 6.6" - 7.0" = 125/75

I think I will stick with those guidelines for my first strap and branch out from there if I decide I would like something longer.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

You'll have to try it and see what you like. Everyone is different. I used to wear 125/80, and have since sold all those "short" straps in favor of longer ones. Nowadays I much prefer the thicker straps (Vintager, Greg Stevens, etc) in longer lengths. And I think if you spend a little time reading Paneristi, you'll find that it's just the way of the world. It looks like Micah has adjusted his FAQ since the last time I looked, because, from the sounds of it, a lot of people were using (abusing?) his return policy to get a brand new strap if they decided they didn't like the length they originally purchased.

I have a 6.7'' wrist and 115/75 is the longest I can go.

You'll have to try it and see what you like. Everyone is different. I used to wear 125/80, and have since sold all those "short" straps in favor of longer ones. Nowadays I much prefer the thicker straps (Vintager, Greg Stevens, etc) in longer lengths. And I think if you spend a little time reading Paneristi, you'll find that it's just the way of the world.

Yeah, I don't even have the PAM yet so I'll perhaps make a judgement off of whatever (probably very crappy) strap it comes with and go from there.

And, like you, maybe me my taste will evolve. In the mean time, I guess I will continue looking at wrist checks and PAM reviews to see the different straps, styles and lengths that people are sporting to get an idea of the variety of looks.

Thanks for your help once again.

It looks like Micah has adjusted his FAQ since the last time I looked, because, from the sounds of it, a lot of people were using (abusing?) his return policy to get a brand new strap if they decided they didn't like the length they originally purchased.

There's always got to be "those people". One of my old landlords never used to require a deposit to reserve her apartments (which people used to do months in advance) until she started getting screwed when she'd hold them for someone who'd pull out at the last minute.

@sssurfer, thanks for sharing your experience.