When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received EL's IWC Aquatimer

sye46

Initial Impressions:

The crown does screw down.... but the bezel looks like it was painted with a sharpie marker.... anyone else received theirs yet? and i'm also dissapointed the ss band doesn't fit my gen AT. The movement looks good and the lume isn't bad. The SS band is smaller than my Gen AT which makes me believe this watch is a little smaller then a gen.. by a few mm. But the band isn't bad for a rep... definately not as solid as my gen SS GST band. overall.... not bad........ but that bezel.... that bezel........ :mellow: not sure what to think about it....

Second Impression:

You know.... after looking at it for a while.... the bezel is really not THAT bad... in darker areas and especially on your wrist, no one can see anything wrong with it. but in a bright lit area or in daylight, you can kinda see the paint reflection when you pay attention.

Overall.... I'm keeping as one of my daily wear watches. The movement is solid and should keep accurate time for a long time. If it wasn't for the bezel paint, this watch would be perfect... but then again.... nothing is perfect right?

post-1372-1145669035_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145669044_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145669053_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145669064_thumb.jpg

Edited by sye46

Guest overboosted

So you have a gen AT? Maybe post some pics for us of the bezel. That one look pretty lame, but is the gen rough textured like that or smooth like every other watch I have seen?

So you have a gen AT? Maybe post some pics for us of the bezel. That one look pretty lame, but is the gen rough textured like that or smooth like every other watch I have seen?

I have a gen of the newer version AT.

My research shows that the bands are both interchangable.

post-1372-1145671155_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145671164_thumb.jpg

Edited by sye46

So, how about the construction of the bezel? Does it function like genuine (i.e. you have to press it down to rotate)? And, does it have the provisions in place to be able to unscrew it from the case to clean?

Just wondering how far they went with the details...

the bezel is uni-directional counter-clockwise which doesn't require for you to push down and rotate. I have no idea if you can unscrew it from the case to clean... not going to try it... but I doubt it.

Sye46,.. Great Review, Thanks ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I could tell from the photos from EL that they were attempting to reproduce the unusual patina

on the bezel of the original.. Not such a great job but passable for me,...

I plan on throwing this puppy on a gator band so that's not an issue,..

I can't wait to receive mine,.. hey Krustybrand I guess we both lost,..Sye46 was

the first !

Thanks Again !