When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM need a face lift

HighDef

Davidsen has very nice dials, I have two myself but there are some things to check first. His dials may be too large for your case, I had to trim my dial down about 1 mm. Not an impossible task, but if you take too much off you can't put it back. I would also check to see if the dial feet are in the same place.

Davidsen has very nice dials, I have two myself but there are some things to check first. His dials may be too large for your case, I had to trim my dial down about 1 mm. Not an impossible task, but if you take too much off you can't put it back. I would also check to see if the dial feet are in the same place.

Oh boy,, what tool do you need to trim a dial? Is ti the thickness, or the circumference?

The Molj. movement is also a little funky to work with. It seems that when you pull the stem, the clutch will slip out of place. I am not sure if there is any way around it, but since you'll be replacing the dial anyways, you can re-set the clutch to it's proper position prior to putting everything back together.

Best of luck...

R

Oh boy,, what tool do you need to trim a dial? Is ti the thickness, or the circumference?

It is the circumference, I used my dremel and it took it right off. It is hard to mark the new dial and measure what needs to be taken off. I used the old dial and put it on top of the new one. lots of room for mistakes. If you look carefully at my dial at the right angle, you can see a place where the dial is too small. Can't really fix this but I am probably the only one that would notice it. Good luck.