When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MBW Models

fotoman

Sony Ericsson today added to its Bluetooth watch line that it started first with the interesting yet not widely accepted MBW-100. The new MBW-150 range, developed with Fossil, cuts some of the fat from the older design and comes in three flavors to match your tastes.

The new MBW-150 Bluetooth watch range from Sony Ericsson adds to the already geek-chic design with new digital OLED dials. A vibrating alert will draw your attention to incoming calls or SMS messages on your paired phones, and you can even answer or reject calls right from the watch using simple controls. Music playback from your phone can also be controlled from the device. Up to seven days battery life can be expected for the Bluetooth functionality of the watch, while the device will keep time for an additional seven days after that. All three editions include a scratch-resistant mineral crystal glass face with an anti-glare coating and are water resistant up to 30 meters.

Three versions of the Sony Ericsson MBW-150 will be available: the Classic edition features a black leather band and steel frame, the Music edition keeps similar design elements to the Classic but adds orange and black highlights to match Sony Ericsson's Walkman range, while the Executive edition ups the ante with a stainless steel band to match its face. The Classic edition weighs in at 77g, the Music at 85g, while the steel band of the Executive edition pushes weight up to 182g.

The Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth watch will be available during Q4 this year in selected markets.

264551-4789.jpg

264551-4790.jpg

264551-4791.jpg

264551-4792.jpg

264551-4793.jpg

264551-4794.jpg

I think this is a halfway decent design... always difficult to mix analog and digital in one watch and still get good looks.

The functionality - while not breathtaking - is ok. Probably the biggest problem to get more features into a watch is lack of space and energy. If you can look at your watch to see who's calling and accept the call with your watch and don't need to fumble for your phone, that's a nice feature for someone who is a heavy cell-user. Price in EU is around 269€ to 299€.

@phoband... I have to admit though that reading the title, I did expect something else.... :D

I've posted a few gen boards to much derision from those people that i'd like to see more high end mechanical watchmakers should start thinking about ways to combine 21 st century tech w/ cool mechanical movements....

Anyway, I like sony's design.

I've posted a few gen boards to much derision from those people that i'd like to see more high end mechanical watchmakers should start thinking about ways to combine 21 st century tech w/ cool mechanical movements....

Anyway, I like sony's design.

yeah i got a tissot t-touch on the way :) - Mmmm Tech toys

yeah i got a tissot t-touch on the way :) - Mmmm Tech toys

Here's my idea: This afternoon one of the HGTV shows my wife watches showed an LCD monitor surrounded by a frame that displayed 20 or so paintings--the cool thing was that it had some sort of light sensor that analyzed the ambient light in the room and adjusted the screen so that the painting always looked how a real painting would look under current lighting condidtions, not a glowing TV set. If they could make an ambient light sensing LCD screen the size of a dial, they could make a watch that displays 20 or so dials in different colors and styles, maybe scrolled through w/ the crown, a pusher, etc. Be cool to have a dial that looked real in a lighted room but went dark except for the "lumed" numbers in the dark.