When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC GST Chrono - Comparison Real & Replica

sye46

The IWC GST Chrono is a very popular rep out there. I've owned the Gen for a good 5 years and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw photos of the rep. At first glance it seemed almost perfect! But after some analyzing, I caught a few things and here is a photo comparison of the gen and rep. In case you guys are looking for a gen on ebay or somewhere... and to be aware of scammers out there.

Please note that I've NEVER seen or handled a rep IWC GST Chrono. I'm only comparing it to the photos I found on this forum to my gen IWC GST Chrono. The pictures I used belongs to Sql_pl (rep) and myself (gen).

- Dial: The biggest give away is the dial. On a gen, it is not WHITE. The dial is actually SILVER. It may be hard to tell in photos, but if you hold and move a gen against a shining light, the silver dial will reflect.

- The subdials are more recessed and is a seperate piece from the dial.

- The timer hand for the chronograph is metallic blue on a gen. You have to move it around shining light to see the reflection of the blue.

- The "SCHAFFHAUSEN" underneath the Day/Date is off on the replica. The "S" should be aligned with the Day/Date box. See below photos, the rep has the "S" outside the Day/Date box.

- The SS clasp on a gen has metallic swirls in which the rep does not.

- The serial number on all reps are 2732649

post-1372-1145722791_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145722801_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145722811_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145722849_thumb.jpg

post-1372-1145722874_thumb.jpg

Edited by sye46

- The "SCHAFFHAUSEN" underneath the Day/Date is off on the replica. The "S" should be aligned with the Day/Date box. See below photos, the rep has the "S" outside the Day/Date box.

This is easier to see at the N. The problem isn't the text position, though. The problem is actually that the date box is too far to the right on a Rep.

It's still one of the finest reps out there.

Wow... looks like Eddie Lee has quite similar pics to these of mine that can be found here - http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=511

But still nice comparison, thanks.

Sorry, if they are yours, then you deserve credit. I've updated my post. These are great photos you took! You got skillz bro! Good job!!

Edited by sye46