When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Gratuituous Daytona Shot for Friday

freddy333

264947-4728.jpg

I purchased this stainless steel Daytona 116520 almost 3 years ago in a UK auction. Although it is one of my favorite watches, it rarely sees wrist time (as you can see, the watch is still in pristine condition with NO scratches). However, the watch is wound almost weekly & continues to maintain nearly perfect COSC time (+/- 2 secs/24 hrs). All of the chronograph functions work flawlessly and the only problem the watch has is a twitchy second hand (for those who are unfamiliar with the functions on current Daytona models, the seconds hand is the lower subdial at 6).

Nice 509 Tony. Nice layout with the box & paperwork.

Here is mine (about 6 months old)

265129-4706.jpg

And the rest of the Rolex Chrono clan

265129-4707.jpg

" Rolex Chrono clan" Impressive collection of predaytona's. If Im not mistaken those are the 37mm models that Andrew use to carry. I missed out, I ordered two and Andrew tried but he couldn't source anymore. Ive seen some on U.K auction sites but their incorrect in size. Those predaytona's are probably the most accurate early daytona that Andrew/Josh carried.

Edited by tonyp1