When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

San Marino GP on CBS in the U.S.

leitztozeiss

That race was boring as a 20-hour flight. Wonder if see at least one overtaking manouver this year....

PS: The new qualifying system is ridiculous.

That race was boring as a 20-hour flight. Wonder if see at least one overtaking manouver this year....

PS: The new qualifying system is ridiculous.

Thanks :) Now I don't feel so bad that I missed it. I was so mad yesterday that I felt like smashing my Tivo after I marked the race for recording (season passed on it directly on CBS), and it didn't record. Reason it gave was that something with the same title had been recorded within 28 days. What a load of crock.

I'm pretty disappointed in Raikkonen this year - I had high hopes for him.

And I don't really see anything wrong with the current qualifying.

The organizer of our F1 fantasy league at work has explained that CBS will show four races total this year (San Marino, Spain, Monaco and England). Sounds like everyone had the wrong times/channels programmed in their video recorders. Oh the brightside, I actually did ok this week, correctly picking the top three (out of eight) - that's good for me anyway, since it's all basically guesswork this year. I am happy that it is all a lot less predictable than in previous years.

Edited by leitztozeiss

And I don't really see anything wrong with the current qualifying.

Why do the last (third) qualifying session lasts 20 minutes? Basically first 18 minutes they're just cruising and burning the fuel. They only attempt the best times during the last 3 minutes.

I say let's go back to the old 60 minutes system, it was the original and best.

About Raikkonen... rumor has it that he already has a contract with Ferrari. And McLaren's aren't competitive right now. When they're reliable they're slow as turtles... when they have speed they're unreliable. I doubt they can fight for the championship this year.

About Raikkonen... rumor has it that he already has a contract with Ferrari. And McLaren's aren't competitive right now. When they're reliable they're slow as turtles... when they have speed they're unreliable. I doubt they can fight for the championship this year.

Oh my . . . Raikkonen is like Mika Häkkinen's mini-me. I don't see him playing second fiddle to someone like Shuey. But then, I'm no expert. That's just my impression of the guy on the few race-day and post interviews that I've seen.

Oh my . . . Raikkonen is like Mika Häkkinen's mini-me. I don't see him playing second fiddle to someone like Shuey. But then, I'm no expert. That's just my impression of the guy on the few race-day and post interviews that I've seen.

You're absolutely correct. Raikkonen certainly won't play second fiddle with anyone. Michael doesn't want to drive with Raikkonen, either. According to this same rumour Raikkonen demands exactly the same kind of contract and treatment from Ferrari that Michael always had.

I believe it's all about whether Schumi retires or not. I doubt he retires... age isn't a factor yet, 37 is nothing in car racing. Does he have motivation left? That's the main question.