When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 wallpaper

Pugwash

• 1 month later...
Heard that only in slow beat versions you can later replace with genuine eta 7750.

The slow beat versions are easier to replace with genuine 7750, but you can do it with the high beat.

I installed genuine ETA datewheels in this one as I have no fear of the Asian 7750. Here's a picture of it after the wheel replacement:

290267-5864.jpg

puggy did u change the AR into a double AR? because from both your pics I can't see any glass.. it looks like the glass is missing.. and also the PINNIONS looks silver :( how did u do this?

Um, I just it it well, pointed the camera at it, took the pics and did my usual photoshop, maybe a bit more crystal-treatment than usual. The only mods I've done are the day and datewheel replacements with genuine ETA parts.

Here's another photo to show the AR on it is good:

291484-5012.jpg

As always, click for 1280px wide version

lol wat a genius.. imma be sending mine to The Zigmeister next month (i cant seem to get a hold of the date/day wheel in australia) to try on ur method.. and ordering from cousins will cost me the same as The Zigmeister.. so yeh.. once i get it (i hope by then i can also get the aquatimer done) THEN ill try to do the same photo :p

The slow beat versions are easier to replace with genuine 7750, but you can do it with the high beat.

I installed genuine ETA datewheels in this one as I have no fear of the Asian 7750. Here's a picture of it after the wheel replacement:

Yeah but I am talking about changing the whole movement.

Heard that new 7750 are reliable, but hands wont fit gen 7750

I know what you're saying and I'm saying you CAN fit the new Asian 7750 movement's hands on a genuine Swiss 7750 if you know what you're doing. The Zigmeister does it all the time.

your strap - is this the one that angus sells? i just ordered angus one in black on tang buckle in 22/18 ... is yours 22mm too?

Mine is the 21/18 that came with the watch. I got the steel bracelet (never used) and the strap at the same time as the watch from Precious Time.

• 2 months later...

yes - the old 21.6 movement can be replaced one by one with a gen 7750 (did it myself) - on the new asia the hands need to be modified.

Edited by Merlin